- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 7 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Dykedolls. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dykedolls, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dykedolls.
DYKEdolls is a New York City–based doll company that creates action figures and dolls that reflect alternative lifestyles, including Bobbie Dolls and BabyDykes. DYKEdolls is the first company to create lesbian dolls and was founded by 36-year-old Stephanie Perdomo in 2004 after she completed a master’s thesis at NYU Tisch School of the Arts. Her thesis was about lesbians' under-representation in popular culture. She wanted to create dolls that showed these lesbian and butch lifestyles as well as other lifestyles that do not conform to the heteronormativity in society today.
DYKEdolls come in two lines, Bobbie Dolls and Baby Dykes. The Bobbie Doll costs $49.95 for the doll itself and $65 for the complete package which includes a miniature strap-on dildo, harness, and vibrator. There are three types of dolls in this line: Bobbie Rockerbilly, Doc Holliday, and Williamsburg Dyke all 12 inches tall. Baby Dykes are a miniature version and only four inches tall. There are three types of dolls in this line: Jessy, Badness, and Dean the DragKing. There is also a lesbian family of three: Kelly, Christine, and little Soo Jin. These dolls are available to be purchased online through their website.
- Trebay, Guy: “The New York Times”, “The Secret Power of Lesbian Style”, June 27th 2004
- Greenfield, Beth: “Time Out New York / Issue 530”, “Holiday Gift Guide”Template:Dead link, November 24–30, 2005
- Walters, Joanna: “The New York Post”, “Gays & Dolls: Barbie for Sapphic Set”, July 12th 2004
- "New Lesbian Toy Dolls Packaged With Miniature Vibrators". http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/july2004/120704lesbiandolls.htm.
- "Lesbian Action Figures: The DYKEdolls Collection for Children and Adults". http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/lesbian-action-figures-for-children-and-adults-dykedolls-collection.