- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 7 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Elaine_Bagshaw. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Elaine_Bagshaw, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Elaine_Bagshaw.
16 December 1985|
|Alma mater||University of Birmingham|
|Years active||2014 – present|
|Political party||Liberal Democrats|
Bagshaw served two terms as chairwoman of the Liberal Youth. At the age of 29, Elaine Bagshaw was the Liberal Democrat candidate in the 2015 Tower Hamlets Mayoral Election, getting 2,152 (3,16%) of the vote share in the first round. Bagshaw was the parliamentary candidate for Poplar and Limehouse in the 2015 General Election., and also the 2017 General Election, where Bagshaw increased her vote share by 2,5%.
Bagshaw opposes to opening new grammar schools, and said the following in 2016: “In this day and age, this is completely unacceptable.”  She proposes to “invest in public transport infrastructure and safe cycling routes to change people’s behaviour so that they’re no longer dependent on polluting cars for travel” when it comes to air pollution in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. 
- "The young ones: Is this the future of politics?". The Independent. 15 June 2009. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-young-ones-is-this-the-future-of-politics-1705949.html.
- "Home run for 10 candidates in Tower Hamlets election for mayor on June 11". East London Advertiser. 4 June 2015. http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/politics/home-run-for-10-candidates-in-tower-hamlets-election-for-mayor-on-june-11-1-4098960.
- Kramer, Susan (27 May 2015). "Baroness Susan Kramer writes…Why I’m backing Elaine Bagshaw for Tower Hamlets Mayor". Liberal Democrat Voice. http://www.libdemvoice.org/baroness-susan-kramer-writeswhy-im-backing-elaine-bagshaw-for-tower-hamlets-mayor-46125.html.
- Brooke, Mike (9 February 2017). "Corbyn’s Brexit support in Commons loses Labour majority on Tower Hamlets Council". East London Advertiser. http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/politics/corbyn-s-brexit-support-in-commons-loses-labour-majority-on-tower-hamlets-council-1-4884522.
- Marshall, Tom (8 May 2015). "Labour’s Jim Fitzpatrick wins in scandal-hit borough". The Evening Standard. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/tower-hamlets-election-result-labours-jim-fitzpatrick-wins-in-scandal-hit-borough-10234733.html.
- De Peyer, Robin (7 June 2017). "Election candidates for Labour, Conservatives and each party in your London constituency to help you decide who to vote for". The Evening Standard. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/election-2017-candidates-who-is-standing-for-labour-conservative-and-each-party-in-your-london-a3559321.html.
- Cooke, Phoebe (9 June 2017). "Election 2017: Re-elected Poplar & Limehouse MP says Corbyn and Labour campaign ‘exceeded all expectations’". East London Advertiser. http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/seasonal/election/election-2017-re-elected-poplar-limehouse-mp-says-corbyn-and-labour-campaign-exceeded-all-expectations-1-5055975.
- Joyce, Niall (4 October 2016). "Tower Hamlets politicians react angrily to government’s grammar school policy". East London Advertiser. http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/politics/tower-hamlets-politicians-react-angrily-to-government-s-grammar-school-policy-1-4722758.
- Newman, Rianna (1 May 2017). "Politics and pollution: which party will save Tower Hamlets’ air?". East London Lines. http://www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/2017/05/politics-and-pollution-which-party-will-save-tower-hamlets-air/.