- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 15 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Equinox_Fitness. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Equinox_Fitness, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Equinox_Fitness.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (August 2007)
Equinox Fitness is a luxury fitness company with its national headquarters in New York. Equinox operates four separate fitness brands: Equinox Fitness, PURE Yoga, Blink Fitness, and Soul Cycle. Equinox is a subsidiary of The Related Companies, one of the largest real estate development and property management companies in the United States. The Related Companies is most known for its development of the Time Warner Center in New York City.
The first Equinox Fitness location opened in New York's Upper West Side on September 23, 1991. In 2006, Related Companies purchased the Equinox Fitness from North Castle Partners And J.W. Childs Associates. The original owner was the Erricos family. In 2008, Equinox brought Pure Yoga to The United States from Hong Kong, and operates it separately. The two brands do not cross promote each other.
Template:Unreferenced section Equinox Fitness is the luxury fitness brand of the company. The Brand works to distinguish itself from a "gym" by offering its members several amenities. The fitness clubs include full service spas, Private Pilates Studios, Boxing Studios, Pools, Daycare, Personal Training, Concierge Service.
PURE Yoga is the yoga division of the company. The studios in the U.S. are currently only in New York, with plans for national expansion. PURE was brought over from Asia, where it thrives in most major cities. Its Asian operations are overseen by PURE International which operates three of its own brands: PURE Fitness, PURE Yoga & PURE Dining.
Blink Fitness offers the lite version of the full scale health club. This is also the first time that the luxury focused company is offering a moderately priced product.[no citations needed here]
Marketing and promotion
In January 2008 the "What's Your After?" advertising campaign, shot by fashion photographer Ellen von Unwerth, was launched appearing in Vanity Fair, US Weekly, the New York Post, and LA Times.
- Harvey Spevak, Chief Executive Officer
- Sarah Robb O'Hagan, President
- Jeff Weinhaus, Chief Development Officer
- Scott Rosen, Chief Operating Officer
- Larry Segall, Chief Financial Officer
- Renee Durocher, Chief Information Officer