- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 23 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:EverMarkets_Exchange. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/EverMarkets_Exchange, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/EverMarkets_Exchange.
While working as traders, portfolio managers, and research developers at various financial institutions, former Carnegie Mellon classmates Jim Bai (formerly of Citigroup and Graham Capital), Mark Pimentel (Citadel and Knight) and Craig Austin (AQR and Microsoft) concluded that the futures marketplace had not evolved like other markets and was subject to structural inefficiencies that favored some high-frequency traders at the expense of other participants. They concluded that blockchain technology could solve many of these issues.
In early 2017, the three set out to form EverMarkets. Their concept was codified in a whitepaper, first released in May 2017. Engineering began soon after. Since then, the team has expanded to include additional exchange professionals, developers, and blockchain experts.
EMX is modeled as a ‘hybrid decentralized’ exchange. In this framework, trades are cleared and settled on the Ethereum blockchain, while matched off the blockchain. This approach also utilizes smart contracts and a distributed ledger to ensure the security of assets and the immutability of records.
- Chaparro, Frank (21 March 2018). "Meet the 'Flash Boys' of cryptocurrency, looking to shakeup bitcoin futures trading". Business Insider. http://www.businessinsider.com/meet-the-flash-boys-of-cryptocurrency-looking-to-shakeup-bitcoin-futures-trading-2018-3. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- Prisco, Giulio (21 March 2018). "Startup EverMarkets to Launch Blockchain-Based Futures Exchange EMX". Bitcoin Magazine. https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/evermarkets-launch-blockchain-based-futures-exchange-emx/. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- Milano, Anneliese (21 May 2018). "Startup EverMarkets Aims To Shake Up Futures Trading with Blockchain". CoinDesk. https://www.coindesk.com/wall-street-vets-target-crypto-futures-evermarkets-launch/. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "EverMarkets Project Review and AMA with CEO Jim Bai". YouTube. TheGobOne. 19 February 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctEQDtT6lA4. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- "EverMarkets Whitepaper v0.94" (PDF). EMX. 19 April 2018. https://evermarkets.com/whitepaper.pdf.