- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (October 2015)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 28 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Expert_Drones. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Expert_Drones, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Expert_Drones.
Expert Drones is an American online retailer and headquartered in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. In 2015, Expert Drones was named one of the 'Top Places to go in Washington DC. It operates brick and mortar drone retail stores across the United States and has physical storefront locations in Houston, TX, Scottsdale, Arizona, and the Tysons Corner Mall in Tysons Corner, Virginia. The company was founded by Richard Wicker, an American Businessman in January 2015. Expert Drones is a subsidiary of Dronepire, Inc. and was labeled one of the fastest growing drone retailers in the United States. An Expert Drones founder was recently interviewed by numerous news outlets regarding the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) drone regulation proposal to require all drone owners to register their drones with the federal government.
Expert Drones operates in malls across the United States and the company regularly provides drone sales, training, and consulting services. Voice of America reporters developed a news special that included Expert Drones and was aired all across Africa in August 2015 about the emerging consumer drone market. Expert Drones co-founder was interviewed by Cox Media Group for comments on the possibility that flying drones in a restricted airspace may become a crime and the effect that new rule would have on commercial drone and unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) businesses.
In late 2014, Richard Wicker and a business partner opened up an online retail store focused on bringing high-end drones to the consumer market. The business partners found that the public had yet to embrace the emerging technology, and the company set out to change the public's misconception about drones and show how they can be used for good purposes. After a successful online business, Expert Drones opened up its first physical storefront at the Tysons Corner Center in April 2015. Additionally, Expert Drones is one of the first companies to offer crash coverage insurance on all drone models. This service began in August 2015. Since then, Expert Drones has become an industry leader in the consumer drone space.
In September 2015, Expert Drones partnered with drone manufacturer 3D Robotics to become an authorized retailer of the state of the art "Solo" drone at their retail chains. Expert Drones developed a partnership with Shenzen, China based manufacturer DJI to sell the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 drone lines to consumers across the U.S. At the same time, Expert Drones also partnered with Yuneec International and Hubsan Intelligent Ltd. to become a licensed dealer. In late 2015, Expert Drones partnered with EventMarketer to create the first ever Drone University, featuring drones used for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Depuyt, Bruce (20 October 2015). "Drone Regulations". ABC7. WJLA PRODUCER. http://wjla.com/news/news-talk/drone-regulations. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- Fell, Jacqueline (13 October 2015). "Flying a drone in restricted airspace may become a federal crime". Cox Media Group. Cox Washington. http://www.kirotv.com/weblogs/news-cox-washington-bureau/2015/oct/13/flying-drone-restricted-airspace-may-become-federa/. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "Solo Authorized Resellers | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology" (in en-US). https://plus.google.com/+3DRobotics. https://3drobotics.com/solo-resellers/. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Workshops - EventTech 2015". http://eventtech.eventmarketer.com/workshops/. Retrieved 2015-10-28.