- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 25 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:FRAY_Studio. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/FRAY_Studio, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/FRAY_Studio.
FRAY Studio was founded in London by Finn Ross and Adam Young, two award winning video designers with a shared background in theatre. Since then, their work has taken them across many forms: live music, opera, exhibitions, museums, and art installations. Early projects include the video design for La damnation de Faust for the English National Opera (2011), video design for the band Bombay Bicycle Club (2014), video design for the musical American Psycho (2013), video design for the Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny for the Royal Opera House (2015) and video design for the exhibition Collison at the Science Museum (2014)
FRAY's Finn Ross was part of the original creative team for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time in 2012, which went on to win 7 Laurence Olivier Awards in London and 6 Tony Awards for the subsequent production on Broadway. The show is currently on tour internationally.
In 2015 FRAY Studio was formally created when the studio was asked to design the video content for the major retrospective exhibition Rolling Stones: Exhibtionsm for the Rolling Stones (2015). The studio then went on to design the video content for other music artists such as Jess Glynne, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pendulum and the UK band Years & Years
In 2018 FRAY simultaneously opened three major Broadway productions for which they were credited as video designers, they include Mean Girlsthe Musical designed by Finn Ross and Adam Young, Frozen the Musical designed by Finn Ross and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I and II designed by Finn Ross and Ash J Woodward.
- 2018 - Mean Girls the Musical - currently at the August Wilson Theatre, book by Tina Fey, produced by Lorne Michaels, Stuart Thompson and Sonia Friedman, directed and choreographed by Casey Nicholaw, lyrics by Nell Benjamin, music by Jeff Richmond, costumes by Gregg Barnes, scenic design by Scott Pask, lighting design by Kenneth Posner and video design by Finn Ross and Adam Young.
- 2018 - Frozen the Musical - currently at the St. James Theatre, book by Jennifer Lee, produced by Disney Theatrical Productions, directed by Michael Grandage, choreographed by Rob Ashford, lyrics and music by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, scenic and costume design by Christopher Oram, lighting design by Natasha Katz and video design by Finn Ross.
- 2017 - Bat out of Hell the Musical - currently at the Dominion Theatre, book, music and lyrics by Jim Steinman, produced by David Sonenberg, Michael Cohl, Randy Lennox and Tony Smith, directed by Jay Scheib, choreographed by Emma Portner, scenic and costume design by Jon Bausor, lighting design by Patrick Woodroffe, video design by Finn Ross.
- 2017 - Bravado play - written and directed by Scottee, video design by Adam Young.
- 2016 - The Tempest Play - at the Royal Shakespeare Company, directed by Gregory Doran, scenic design by Stephen Brimson Lewis, video design Finn Ross
- 2016 - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I and II Play - currently at the Palace Theatre, London and the Lyric Theatre, New York, produced by Sonia Friedman and Sir Colin Callender, directed by John Tiffany, choreography by Steven Hoggett, music by Imogen Heap, costumes by Katrina Lindsay, scenic design by Christine Jones, lighting design by Neil Austin, sound design by Gareth Fry and video design by Finn Ross and Ash J Woodward.
- 2015 - Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny Opera - at Royal Opera House, music by Kurt Weill, libretto by Bertolt Brecht, directed by John Fulljames, choreography by Arthur Pita, costume design by Christina Cunningham, scenic design by Es Devlin, lighting design by Bruno Poet and video design by Finn Ross.
- 2013 - American Psycho the Musical - at the Almeida Theatre, music by Duncan Sheik, directed by Rupert Goold, choreography by Lynne Page, costume design by Katrina Lindsay, scenic design by Es Devlin, sound design by Paul Arditti and video design by Finn Ross.
- 2013 - Betrayal Play - at the Barrymore Theatre, written by Harold Pinter, directed by Mike Nichols, costume design by Ann Roth, scenic design by Ian MacNeil, lighting design by Brian MacDevitt, sound design by Scott Lehrer and video design by Finn Ross.
- 2013 - Chimerica Play - directed by Lyndsey Turner, costume design by Christina Cunningham, scenic design by Es Devlin, lighting design by Tim Lutkin, sound design by Carolyn Downing and video design by Finn Ross.
- 2012 - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Play - currently touring internationally, written by Simon Stephens; based on the novel by Mark Haddon, directed by Mariane Elliot, costume and scenic design Bunny Christie, movement by Steven Hogget and Scott Graham of Frantic Assembly, composer Adrian Sutton, lighting design by Paule Constable, sound design by Ian Dickenson, video design by Finn Ross.2012: The Magic Flute Opera - at De Nederlandse Opera, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, directed by Simon McBurney, video design by Finn Ross.
- 2012: Master and Margarita Opera - by Mikhail Bulgakov (Director: Simon McBurney ), Barbican Center London, then Festival d'Avignon and Wiener Festwochen
- 2011 - The Damnation of Faust Opera - at the English National Opera, directed by Terry Gilliam, costume and scenic design by Hildegard Bechtler, lighting design by Peter Mumford and video design by Finn Ross.
- 2011 - The Turn of the Shrew Opera - at the Theater an der Wien, directed by Robert Carson,
- 2010 - A Dog's Heart Opera - at Dutch National Opera, directed by Simon McBurney, scenic design by Michael Levine, animation by Adam Young and Ian William Galloway, video design Finn Ross.
- 2010 - Don Giovanni Opera - at the English National Opera, directed by Rufus Norris, costume design by Nicky Gillibrand, scenic design by Ian MacNeil, lighting design by Mimi Jordan Sherin and video design by Finn Ross
- 2008 - All My Sons - at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre, written by Arthur Miller, directed by Simon McBurney, costume and scenic design Tom Pye, lighting design by Paul Anderson, sound design by Christopher Shutt and Carolyn Downing, video design Finn Ross.
- 2018 Years & Years - International Tour - creative direction by Olly Alexander, production and lighting design by Cassius Creative, video design by FRAY Studio (Adam Young).
- 2017 Jess Glynne - International Tour - creative direction by Jolene Henry, production and lighting design by Cassius Creative, video design by FRAY Studio (Adam Young).
- 2017 Pendulum - International Tour - production and lighting design by Cassius Creative, video design by FRAY Studio (Adam Young)
- 2014 Bombay Bicycle Club - International Tour - lighting design by Squib Swain, video and animation by Adam Young and Anna Ginsburg.
- 2018 Hut 11A at Bletchley Park - exhibition design by Nissen Richards Studio, sound design by Carolyn Downing, lighting design by Studio ZNA and video design by FRAY Studio (Ash J Woodward)
- 2017 Opera: Passion, Power and Politics at the Victoria and Albert Museum - video design by FRAY Studio (Adam Young).
- 2016 You Say You Want a Revolution? Records and Rebels 1966-1970 at the Victoria and Albert Museum - exhibition design by Nissen Richards Studio, sound design by Carolyn Downing, lighting design by Studio ZNA and video design by FRAY Studio (Finn Ross and Adam Young).
- 2015 Rolling Stones: Exhibitionsm at the Saatchi Gallery - curated by Ileen Gallagher, lighting design by Patrick Woodroffe, sound design by Carolyn Downing and video design by FRAY Studio (Finn Ross and Adam Young).
- 2014 Collider at the Science Museum - video design by FRAY Studio (Finn Ross and Adam Young).
In 2018 Finn Ross and Ash J Woodward won the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Projection Design and the Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Video design for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I and II. They also won the WhatsOnStage Award for Best Video Design in 2017 for the West End version of the show.
In 2013 Finn Ross and Bunny Christie won the Olivier Award for Best Set Design for the West End production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, followed in 2015 by the Tony Award for Best Scenic Design.
- "Finn Ross making mark on Broadway with top theatre award". Evening Express. https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/lifestyle/entertainment/theatre/finn-making-mark-on-broadway-with-top-theatre-award/.
- "Bunny Christie and Finn Ross - Designing new worlds | V&A Dundee". https://www.vandadundee.org/news-and-blog/blog/bunny-christie-and-finn-ross---designing-new-worlds.
- The Tony Awards (7 June 2015), Acceptance Speech: Bunny Christie and Finn Ross (2015), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sc4J2LRx2Y, retrieved 27 August 2018
- League, The Broadway. "Finn Ross – Broadway Cast & Staff | IBDB". https://www.ibdb.com/broadway-cast-staff/finn-ross-481314.
- "The Tony Award Nominees - Artists - Adam Young". https://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/nominees/artists/2018-04-30_adam_young_mean_girls.html.
- Allison, John (13 May 2011). "The Damnation of Faust, ENO, Seven magazine review". ISSN 0307-1235. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/opera/8511759/The-Damnation-of-Faust-ENO-Seven-magazine-review.html.
- "Bombay Bicycle Club". https://www.bombaybicycle.club/.
- ma-work.co.uk, content: Headlong, website: M/A. "American Psycho". https://headlong.co.uk/productions/american-psycho/.
- "Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny — Productions — Royal Opera House". https://www.roh.org.uk/productions/rise-and-fall-of-the-city-of-mahagonny-by-john-fulljames.
- "Collider | Science Museum". https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/what-was-on/collider.
- "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time | at the Gielgud Theatre". Royal National Theatre. https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/the-curious-incident-of-the-dog-in-the-night-time.
- "The Rolling Stones Exhibit - Exhibitionism". http://www.stonesexhibitionism.com/.
- "Jess Glynne | Pre-order the new album 'Always In Between' now". https://jessglynne.co.uk/.
- "Years & Years at the Roundhouse | Live review". The Upcoming. https://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2018/07/11/years-and-years-at-the-roundhouse-live-review/.
- Teodora. "FRAY Studio crafts multiple worlds for Mean Girls". LSi Online. https://www.lsionline.com/fray-studio-crafts-multiple-worlds-for-mean-girls.
- "FRAY Studio and disguise Creates a Changing World for Disney’s Frozen – The Broadway Musical « PLSN". http://plsn.com/featured/featured-slider/fray-studio-and-disguise-creates-a-changing-world-for-disneys-frozen-the-broadway-musical/.
- "FRAY Studio creates a changing world for Disney’s Frozen – The Broadway Musical | 3D Artist - Animation, Models, Inspiration & Advice | 3DArtist Magazine". https://www.3dartistonline.com/news/2018/06/fray-studio-creates-a-changing-world-for-disneys-frozen-the-broadway-musical/.
- "Disney's Frozen The Broadway Musical". https://www.disguise.one/en/showcases/theatre/disney-s-frozen-the-broadway-musical/.
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Play | Lyric Theatre, Broadway". https://www.harrypottertheplay.com/us/.
- David. "FRAY Studio creates for The Tempest". LSi Online. https://www.lsionline.com/fray-studio-creates-for-the-tempest.
- "2018 Tony Award Nominations". https://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/news/press_releases/2018-05-01/2018-05-01_2018_tony_award_nominations.html.
- "The 2018 Drama Desk Winners Announced". Live Design. 4 June 2018. https://www.livedesignonline.com/theatre/2018-drama-desk-winners-announced.
- "68th Annual Awards Outer Critics Circle Announce 2017-18 Award Winners! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” Tops Win List with 6 Awards!". http://outercritics.org/68th-annual-awards-outer-critics-circle-announce-2017-18-award-winners-harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-tops-win-list-with-6-awards/.
- "18th Annual WhatsOnStage Awards - 2017 Results". https://awards.whatsonstage.com/archive/2017-results/.
- "Finn Ross Photos Photos: Laurence Olivier Awards - Press Room". Zimbio. http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Finn+Ross/Laurence+Olivier+Awards+Press+Room/ECeXx2BPtn0.
- Brown, Mark (29 April 2013). "Olivier awards 2013: Seven is the magic number for Curious Incident". http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2013/apr/28/curious-incident-olivier-awards.