- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 1 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Fernanda_Lara. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Fernanda_Lara, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Fernanda_Lara.
Fernanda Arcevenco Lara (Canoas, August 24, 1976) is a Brazilian musician. She graduated from Ulbra/Rio Grande do Sul University Brazil with a degree in physiotherapy, although she has been working in the field of gospel music since 1994. Presently she is studying pharmacy.
She composes and designs her songs in her own studio. Lara is married to composer, producer and musical arranger, maestro and pianist Giordani Vidal, and since 1997 they have been researching a different gospel music style, mixing biblical instruments and ancient cultures sounds with modern techniques and instruments. Gregorian chants, great Highland bagpipes, bagpipes, Taikos (medieval percussion), Duduks (a sort of flute from Armenia), and rabecas (rustic violins) are present in her music, redesigning it to her style of contemporary Christian music, which is unique in her country and in Latin America. Nowadays her music is sung by soloists and congregations in several churches and Christian communities, and is played on Christian AM and FM radios in Brazil and abroad.
In 2004 Fernanda Lara was invited by Tom Gomes from the prize board located on Los Angeles/USA to join the Latin Grammy academy.
Awards and nominations
- 2004 – Fernanda Lara was nominated for the Latin Grammy, which took place on the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles for her album "Livre Para Amar" (Free to Love). Christian Music Category
- 2004 – 2 awards on the Troféu Talento appraising – Best Vocal/Musical arrangement and Best CD. (Very important recognition for Latin American gospel music)
- 2005 – Nominated to the Troféu Talento – Best Gospel Music Website.
- 2006 – Nominated to the Troféu Talento – Best Vocal/Music arrangement
- 2007 – Awarded as "Destaque Musical de Canoas" (City of Canoas Musical Distinguish) by the city hall, in appreciation and recognition of her musical importance and cultural contribution to the city and to the Rio Grande do Sul state.
- DVD – 15 Anos da Gravadora Line Records (DVD commemorativo). (15 Years of the Line Records Studio) (Commemorative DVD)
- "Águas do Trono" (Throne Waters) musical video clip.
- DVD – Mutirão de Natal do Rio Grande do Sul (Rio Grande do Sul's Christmas mobilization), singing "Toque de Poder" (Touch of Power) and the Rio Grande do Sul official hymn.
|Ano de Lançamento||Título||Gravadora|
|2001||Um Sonho Pra Viver (A Dream to Live By)||Casa Publicadora Brasileira|
|2003||Livre Para Amar (Free to Love)||Casa Publicadora Brasileira|
|2005||Toque de Poder (Touch of Power)||Line Records|
|2006||Louvor Delas (coletânea) (Her Praise) (selection)||Line Records|
|2008||Intimidade com Deus (Intimacy with God)||Casa Publicadora Brasileira|
|2010||Olhar de Deus (Look of God)||Line Records|
|2011||Magnífico Deus (Magnificent God)||Gravadora Novo Tempo|
- Feranada Lara Discogs Retrieved July 9, 2019