Field Engineer Marketplace
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 7 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Field_Engineer_Marketplace. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Field_Engineer_Marketplace, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Field_Engineer_Marketplace.
Field Engineer is a New York City-based company that provides an online marketplace for businesses to manage various freelancers, IT contractors and consultants. It was founded in 2016 by Malik Zakaria.
Field Engineer is a Freelance marketplace with the basic goal of connecting freelance engineers in IT and telecommunications services, with businesses in need of them. Its current marketplace hosts approximately 15,000 profiles from 140 countries. Enterprising businesses can make use of Field Engineer as a digital hub in which to manage various freelancers and contracts. Businesses are able to sign up for an account with the service and fill out and post a work order. Once done, they are able to receive and evaluate bids for the work orders at their convenience. A real-time tracking feature included with the site allows the employers to receive up-to-the-minute information on how a particular job is progressing.
Engineers looking for work orders are able to sign up for an account, wherein they can post their credentials and skill sets in order to garner interest from employers. They are then able to view global listings for available jobs and keep abreast of any new jobs through auto-notification. After submitting bids and negotiating fees where applicable, they can begin work. Once a job is completed to the satisfaction of the agreed upon terms, the user is paid directly and immediately by Field Engineer.
- "NYC Startup Field Engineer is the Global Marketplace for Engineers" (in en-US). AlleyWatch. 2017-06-26. http://www.alleywatch.com/2017/06/nyc-startup-field-engineer-is-revolutionizing-the-engineering-industry-by-creating/.
- "Field Engineer: On-Demand Marketplace for Freelance Engineers" (in en-US). TechCo. 2016-09-09. https://tech.co/field-engineer-demand-marketplace-freelance-engineers-2016-09.
- Myler, Larry. "There's A B2B Marketplace For That (Or There Soon Will Be)" (in en). Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrymyler/2016/10/11/theres-a-b2b-marketplace-for-that-or-there-soon-will-be/#22f58718414a.
- Narcisi, Gina (2017-06-07). "CRN Exclusive: Field Engineer Platform Connects Skilled Telecom Pros To Channel Partners, Service Providers" (in en). CRN. http://www.crn.com/news/networking/300086596/crn-exclusive-field-engineer-platform-connects-skilled-telecom-pros-to-channel-partners-service-providers.htm.
- Raza, Ahmad (2016-10-11). "3 Opportunities to Turn Skills and Spare Time into Extra Money" (in en-US). https://www.huffingtonpost.com/ahmad-raza/3-opportunities-to-turn-s_b_12436416.html.
- "New Field Engineer app allows you to find and hire skilled field engineers on-demand" (in en-US). Telecom Reseller. 2017-06-27. https://telecomreseller.com/2017/06/27/new-field-engineer-app-allows-you-to-find-and-hire-skilled-field-engineers-on-demand/.
- "New Field Engineer Marketplace Aims to Solve Supply & Demand Engineer Gap | Light Reading" (in en). Light Reading. http://www.lightreading.com/business-employment/skills-training/new-field-engineer-marketplace-aims-to-solve-supply-and-demand-engineer-gap/d/d-id/733734.
- Engineer, Field. "Field Engineer Launches Marketplace to Solve Supply and Demand Engineer Gap in the Telecommunications Industry" (in en). http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/field-engineer-launches-marketplace-to-solve-supply-and-demand-engineer-gap-in-the-telecommunications-industry-300470111.html.
- www.ETTelecom.com. "Telecom layoffs: Field Engineer marketplace to end Indian engineers' woes, to help them find work - ET Telecom" (in en). http://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/telecom-layoffs-field-engineer-marketplace-to-end-indian-engineers-woes-to-help-them-find-work/59859694.