- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 2 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Florence_Devouard. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Florence_Devouard, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Florence_Devouard.
Template:Pp-move-indef Template:Infobox officeholder Florence Jacqueline Sylvie Devouard, née Nibart (born 10 September 1968) was the Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation between October 2006 and July 2008, succeeding Jimmy Wales.
She worked in public research, first in flower plant genetic improvement, and second in microbiology to study the feasibility of polluted soil bioremediation. She was employed until 2005 in a French firm to design decision-making tools in sustainable agriculture and now is a consultant in Internet Communication Strategy.
On 9 March 2008, she was elected member of the municipal council of Malintrat.
Devouard became active on Wikipedia when she was a housewife and taking care of two children.Template:RsTemplate:Vs She joined the board of Wikimedia Foundation in June 2004 and was a founder of Wikimedia France in October 2004. She has served on the Advisory Board of the Foundation since July 2008.
Co-founder of Wikimedia France in 2004, she is vice-chair of its board as of 2011 until December 2012.
She is married to Bertrand Devouard and has three children.
- Lih, Andrew. The Wikipedia Revolution: How a Bunch of Nobodies Created the World's Greatest Encyclopedia. Hyperion, New York City. 2009. First Edition. ISBN 978-1-4013-0371-6 (alkaline paper).
- "Board of Trustees". Wikimedia Foundation. 2012-02-15. http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Board_of_Trustees#Florence_Nibart-Devouard. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- "l'INPL - Nancy : formation d'Ingénieurs et de docteurs". Inpl-nancy.fr. 2012-02-20. http://www.inpl-nancy.fr/. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- fr:Institut national polytechnique de Lorraine
- Election results, French Ministry of the Interior
- Lih, p. 3.
- "Assemblée Générale de Décembre 2012 (General Assembly - December 2012)" (in fr). Wikimédia France official website. 2010-12-01. http://wikimedia.fr/assembl%C3%A9e-g%C3%A9n%C3%A9rale-de-d%C3%A9cembre-2012. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- Wikimedia head: Wikipedia "policy "verifiability, not truth" is stupid" 2008-02-10
- Follain, John (2007-07-08). "A Life In The Day: Florence Devouard". Sunday Times (London). http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/article2027538.ece. Retrieved 2007-07-09.
- "Decree of May 16, 2008" (in fr). Legifrance.gouv.fr. http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do?dateTexte=&cidTexte=JORFTEXT000018800905. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- Anthere Consulting website
- Personal blog
- Wikimedia Foundation and sustainabilityTemplate:Deadlink
- 2005 Board candidacy presentation
- Video-Interview on 10 February 2007 at the Lift07 conference in Geneva
- "What the future holds for Wikipedia". Swissinfo. 2008-01-25. http://www.swissinfo.org/eng/front/What_the_future_holds_for_Wikipedia.html?siteSect=108&sid=8667736. Interview with Florence Devouard.
- 'Madame Wikipedia' runs web giant from village HQ 2007 AFP article
- A Life in the Day: Florence Devouard 2007 Times article