Fran Mirabella III
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 22 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Fran_Mirabella_III. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Fran_Mirabella_III, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Fran_Mirabella_III.
|Fran Mirabella III|
February 27, 1980|
|Occupation||Producer/Video Game Journalist|
Francis Michael Mirabella III (born February 27, 1980) is an editor at IGN Entertainment, a division of Ziff Davis LLC. He is currently the Sr. Director of Video Production, overseeing all video projects at IGN Entertainment.
Born in Joliet, Illinois, he was a computer engineering student at University of Cincinnati. Fran was a writer at the Dolphin Cove website, the predecessor to N-Sider. In 2000, he left to join Matt Casamassina as co-editor of IGN64, IGN's Nintendo 64 section, and IGN Cube. He then moved on to head up IGN's Insider section. In 2005, he left that position to head up IGN's video division, which provides videos for the other sub-sections of the site.
Fran became infamous on IGN's boards after his critical review of Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. While the game was generally reviewed highly by many sites, he gave it a 7.9 score (out of 10). This briefly led to the phrase "7.9'd" being used when something got rated lower than expected.[no citations needed here]
A popular nickname of his is "Frangoat," which was first used as a joke by Matt Casamassina in IGN's mailbag sections, but was later used for him in the IGN webcomic, Cubetoons. He is also imitated by many other editors, generally by snapping one's fingers, pointing them in a gun formation, and saying "Nice..." He currently lives in the Lower Haight district of San Francisco, California.
- "Fran Mirabella III Biography". IGN Stars. Archived from the original on January 14, 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110114123120/http://stars.ign.com/objects/966/966873_biography.html. Retrieved April 7, 2008.
- "Fran-IGN's Blog - In the Beginning...". January 20, 2006. Archived from the original on September 14, 2006. https://web.archive.org/web/20060914013700/http://blogs.ign.com/Fran-IGN/2006/01/20/5599/.
- "Mario Kart Double Dash!! reviews". GameRankings. http://www.gamerankings.com/gamecube/516710-mario-kart-double-dash/index.html.
- "GameCube Mailbag". IGN. March 11, 2003. Archived from the original on April 23, 2003. https://web.archive.org/web/20030423032414/http://cube.ign.com/mail/2003-03-11.html.