- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 17 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Games2win. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Games2win, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Games2win.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2012)
Games2win is an online gaming businesses based in India. The company Games2win India Pvt. Ltd. was co-founded by serial entrepreneur Alok Kejriwal and Mahesh Khambadkone, a gaming technocrat. The company is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
Alok Kejriwal, a serial entrepreneur and founder of Contests2win.com co-founded Games2win India Pvt. Ltd along with Mahesh Khambadkone, a gaming technocrat in 2005. The company launched Games2win.com, India’s first casual gaming site in 2006. Games2win.com is an online flash gaming site for girls in USA and India.
In February 2007, Games2win launched a talent platform for Gamers called Temple of 7. This was a group of professional gamers signed up by Games2win to compete in all key gaming tournaments, nationally and internationally.
In November 2008, Games2win launched Gamecurry.com, a search engine for online flash games. The site allows users to rate the games that they play using simple smiley icons.
In October 2009, Games2win launched its second online flash gaming site, Gangofgamers.com. The site caters to male gamers and hosts 100+ games ranging in genres such as Car, Shooting, Action, Cricket, and Sports.
In March 2010, Games2win launched a virtual world for kids called Chimpoo.com. On Chimpoo.com, kids can play games, earn coins, buy clothes to dress their Chimpoos, buy toys to decorate their houses.
In July 2010, Games2win launched its first iOS iOS app on iTunes, named SuperMom1. The game reached #2 rank in free game apps category for iPhone in the USA and was downloaded over 150,000 times within four days. As of January 2012, Games2win has over 30 free and paid applications live on iTunes.
In August 2010, Games2win launched its fully loaded social game on Facebook, called Junkyard Mayhem. Junkyard Mayhem allows its users to set up their own Junkyard business, buy junked cars, scrap them and sell their parts for profit.
In March 2011, Games2win secured $6 million in Series B funding from Clearstone Venture Partners and Silicon Valley Bank.
In June 2011, Games2win launched Turbo Cricket on Android Market, its first app for Android Mobile phones.
In January 2012, Games2win launched Appucino, a social platform for mobile phones, called Appucino. Appucino is a non-intrusive interactive tray that sits invisibly in a mobile app. It provides app users with engaging features like Chat, Competition through real-time location-based leaderboards, and Gifting items to their friends.
Games2win.com was launched in 2006 by Contests2win.com.
- "About". http://www.livemint.com/2009/03/23210320/Alok-Kejriwal--Aiming-to-be-a.html. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "launched Slapster". Archived from the original on 17 March 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20100317130924/http://www.games2win.com:80/pr/2007-08/games2win-slapster-techshout.htm. Retrieved 2010-04-01.
- "launched InviziAds". Archived from the original on 6 April 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20100406225503/http://www.games2win.com:80/pr/2007-08/g2w_unveils_AX.htm. Retrieved 2010-04-01.
- "Games2win launches world’s first multiplayer real-time cricket game". December 26, 2014. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/software/games2win-launches-worlds-first-multiplayer-real-time-cricket-game/articleshow/45645268.cms. Retrieved February 17, 2017.