- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 7 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Goldie_Ghamari. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Goldie_Ghamari, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Goldie_Ghamari.
Goldie Ghamari, HBA, JD
Goldie Ghamari (also known as Golsa Ghamari) is a Canadian international trade and commercial litigation lawyer living in Nepean, Ottawa with her husband. She is currently running in the Conservative Party of Canada nomination campaign to replace John Baird in the Federal Riding of Nepean. Goldie was asked to consider running for office because, before John Baird decided to step down, Goldie had expressed her interest and her support for the Conservative Party of Canada by asking to participate in his re-election campaign. After John Baird decided to step down from politics, Goldie was asked and encouraged to run for the nomination..
Goldie's father spend almost 10 years living in Houston, Texas during the 70s to work his way through university and obtain an electrical engineering degree. Once he got his degree, he returned back to post-revolutionary Iran. Goldie was born in post-revolutionary Iran on March 28, 1985 in the city of Ahvaz. Her parents immigrated to Canada in 1986 in order to live and raise their family in a free and democratic society. She and her parents became citizens in 1989.
Goldie's father is an electrical engineer; her mother is a social worker at a non-profit dedicated towards helping underprivileged and isolated seniors in the community, sister is an aerospace engineer at Bombardier, and her husband is an tenured Professor at Carleton University.
Goldie met her husband, Dr. Wayne S. Horn, (who is ooriginally from Windsor), when they were both students. They were married in June 2013 by a minister of the Aurora United Church.
Goldie has lived in Nepean with her husband for years. 5 years ago, they bought their first house in Barrhaven, and also their first dog, Baxter.
University of Ottawa, Faculty of Common Law - 2009-2012
Juris Doctor, cum laude
She attended law school at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Program at the University of Ottawa from 2009 to 2012. She was active in several law school events. For example, she participated in two of the world's biggest international moot courts, the Jessup and the Vis, and also attended several conferenced at different law school. She received her juris doctorate with designation cum laude.
University of Toronto - 2003 - 2008
Honours Bachelor of Arts
Goldie attended the University of Toronto from 2003-2008 where she earned her degree HBA with a specialization in political sciences.
After graduating from law school, Goldie worked for 10 months at McMillan LLP, a large national law firm focusing on international trade and commercial litigation. It was there at she met one of her mentors, Manny Montenegrino.
After working at McMillan LLP, she decided to start her own law practice/small business and build her law practice. Most of her clients are individuals, professionals, small and medium-sized businesses and other who live in Nepean.
A list of some international trade judgments that Goldie has been involved with include:
- Bicycles (Re), 2013 CanLII 77318 (CA CITT): http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/citt/doc/2013/2013canlii77318/2013canlii77318.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQANZ29sc2EgZ2hhbWFyaQAAAAAB&resultIndex=3
- United Wall Modules (RE), 2013 CanLI 91952 (CA CITT): http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/citt/doc/2013/2013canlii91952/2013canlii91952.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAHZ2hhbWFyaQAAAAAB&resultIndex=4
- Seamless Carbon or Alloy Steel Oil and Gas Well Casing (Re), 2013 CanLII 12684 (CA CITT): http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/citt/doc/2013/2013canlii16824/2013canlii16824.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAHZ2hhbWFyaQAAAAAB&resultIndex=5
- Bulleted list item
- "John Baird, former foreign affairs minister, resigning as MP March 16". CBC. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/john-baird-former-foreign-affairs-minister-resigning-as-mp-march-16-1.2991024.
- "CCIL congratulates participants in the 2011 Jessup Copetition". http://www.ccil-ccdi.ca/ccil-home/2011/3/14/ccil-congratulates-participants-in-the-2011-jessup-competiti.html.
- "Common Law Mooting Teams Rank Among the Best in the World". http://commonlaw.uottawa.ca/15/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8660&Itemid=891.