Gregory T. Lucier
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 12 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Gregory_T._Lucier. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Gregory_T._Lucier, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Gregory_T._Lucier.
Earlier in his career, he was a corporate officer at General Electric. He was president of medical information technology at GE Healthcare, and was promoted to vice president of global services, the company's $2 billion healthcare services business.
In 2003, he left GE to join life sciences company Invitrogen. In 2008, Life Technologies was formed by the 2008 merger of Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems. Lucier became CEO and Chairman of the combined company. In 2011, he was #12 on Forbe's list of highest paid CEOs. He remained with the company until 2014, after selling the company to Thermo Fisher Scientific for $13.6 billion in 2013. In 2013, he had joined NuVasive's Board of Directors, and became the company's CEO in 2014.
Lucier has served on the Board of Directors at Invuity (now Stryker), CareFusion Corporation (now Becton Dickinson), Synthetic Genomics, Rady Children's Hospital, California Healthcare Institute and BIOCOM Inc.
- "NuVasive CEO Greg Lucier steps down; Medtronic executive takes over at spinal surgery products firm". 2018-10-22. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/technology/sd-fi-nuvasive-newceo-20181022-story.html. Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- "Is There Life after Life Tech for Greg Lucier?". 2014-02-26. https://www.genengnews.com/insights/is-there-life-after-life-tech-for-greg-lucier/. Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- Garrity, Mackenzie. "5 things to know about NuVasive CEO Greg Lucier" (in en-gb). https://www.beckersspine.com/orthopedic-a-spine-device-a-implant-news/item/39993-5-things-to-know-about-nuvasive-ceo-greg-lucier.html.
- "Penn State College of Engineering". https://www.engr.psu.edu/leonhardcenter/wcedefinitions/wceaward/greglucier.html. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- "Thermo Fisher divests to speed Life Tech deal". 2014-01-06. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/biotech/sdut-thermo-fisher-divests-life-technologies-2014jan06-story.html. Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- "CEO Compensation - #12 Gregory T Lucier". https://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/12/ceo-compensation-11_Gregory-T-Lucier_MEMP.html. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- "Life Tech to be sold for $13.6 billion". 2013-04-15. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/biotech/sdut-life-technologies-purchased-thermo-fisher-2013apr15-htmlstory.html. Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- "Lucier named CEO at NuVasive". 2015-05-26. https://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20150526/news/150529929. Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- "Gregory T Lucier to join NuVasive’s board of directors". 2013-12-04. https://spinalnewsinternational.com/gregory-t-lucier-to-join-nuvasives-board-of-directors/. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- "Greg Lucier Overview". https://www.crunchbase.com/person/gregory-t-lucier#section-overview.