- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 11 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:GroupM. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/GroupM, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/GroupM.
Original short description: "American advertising media company"
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article was tagged for needing more citations which aren't needed here.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (July 2020)
GroupM was formed in 2003 by WPP Group to serve as the parent company of WPP's media agencies, including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence Global, and m/SIX, as well as specialty businesses Xaxis, Finecast, Motion Content Group, and Kinetic. Regional businesses include Greenhouse Group, QUISMA, Outrider, Catalyst, Neo, Quasar, Movent, Vocanic, and Plista.
The company handles over 30% of the world's media billings, making it the world's largest media investment management operation. Christian Juhl is Global CEO of GroupM and manages the worldwide operations, including the management of GroupM's agencies worldwide.
All of GroupM's agencies are independent global operations. GroupM works as a parent and collaborator in activities such as trading, content creation, digital advertising, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities.
Through its agencies, GroupM offers advertising media selection services including: media planning and media buying, branded content, digital media, ROI and consumer research, internet marketing (digital, direct, search), content creation, social media marketing, out-of-home advertising and entertainment, sponsorship and sports marketing.
Portfolio of Businesses
- Motion Content Group
- Neo Media World
- Greenhouse Group
- "Christian Juhl becomes global GroupM CEO" (in en-US). 2019-07-28. https://ppc.land/christian-juhl-becomes-global-groupm-ceo/.
- Magazine, Adobo (2020-03-06). "New Business: GroupM Becomes First Media Agency to Invest on ABM, as they Announced the Acquisition of Sandtable" (in en-US). https://www.adobomagazine.com/global-news/new-business-groupm-becomes-first-media-agency-to-invest-on-abm-as-they-announced-the-acquisition-of-sandtable/.
- "WPP acquires data science firm Sandtable to ‘deepen’ tech offering" (in en). https://www.thedrum.com/news/2020/03/05/wpp-acquires-data-science-firm-sandtable-deepen-tech-offering.
- "WPP Acquires Data Science Firm Sandtable" (in en). Bloomberg.com. 2020-03-05. https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2020-03-05/wpp-acquires-data-science-firm-sandtable.
- GroupM company website
- GroupM Company Profile - WPP