- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 16 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Harman_Aggarwal. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Harman_Aggarwal, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Harman_Aggarwal.
Harman Aggarwal at a Press Conference of Punjabi International Film Festival, Toronto.
5 August 1983|
Harman Aggarwal (Punjabi:ਹਰਮਨ Hindi: हरमन )(born 5 August 1983) is an Indian Filmmaker, who started his career with journalism. He has been a video journalist for national and international news channels before he shifted his focus to film making. Hailing from Faridkot, Punjab, Harman was born on 5 August 1983. He made his directorial debut with a short film, Zindagi a life of Kinner. He directed a Punjabi featured film, Suhe Phull, which starred Harbhajan Mann. Also he made a short film on gender discrimation, Fees.
Early and personal life
Harman Aggarwal was born in Faridkot district, Punjab. He got his primary education from a local Government School and later got graduated from Barjindra Government College, Faridkot. After graduation he pursued his studies in Panjab University, Chandigarh.
In an interview to an online platform he revealed how he got attracted to the world of films, "A visit to my uncle's place got me swayed to the cinema. My cousin's friend was a projectionist at a cinema. Where I got a chance to see the silver screen for the first time. During my entire visit I used to stay at the cinema watch movies, I liked to roll back film reels after the show and I liked it."
Harman started his career with Jain News from Punjab, later he moved to Delhi to work for media organisations like Punjab Today, NDTV and BBC World. He also has the experience of working with sports channels covering major international events behind the camera.
Later, he shifted his focus to Film Making. He made a Punjabi short film Zindagi a life of Kinner (2009) that worked good and he got recognition in Punjabi cinema. Then he worked as an assistant director for Punjabi films like KUDESSAN, APPAN FER MILANGE and CANADA OH NO.
Showcasing his film first time at Punjabi International Film Festival Toronto was big success. He worked as an executive producer for PANJO. After a short break he directed a short film FEES based on girl child education and gender issues.
He has a production company called Aggarwal Films. He has made a couple of short films under this banner namely ZINDAGI A LIFE OF KINNER and FEES.
|2009||Zindagi a life of Kinner (Short Film)||Punjabi||Screenplay, Director, Producer|
|2009||Canada Oh No||Punjabi||Assistant Director|
|2010||Kudessan||Punjabi||Assistant Director (Climax)|
|2010||Appan Fer Millange||Punjabi||Assistant Director (Pre Production)|
|2014||Suhe Phull||Punjabi||Director Screenplay|
|2015||Fees (Short Film)||Hindi||Screenplay, Director|
- "Zindagi A Life". Filmi Cafe. http://www.filmicafe.co/movies/2100/ZindagiA_Life/. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Fees Short Film". Punjabi Mania. http://punjabimania.com/fees-is-a-short-film-with-a-social-message-harman-aggarwal/. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Fees Short Film". Punjabi. http://punjabipollywood.com/fees-a-hindi-short-movie-will-change-your-thinking-harman-aggarwal/. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Fees Premiere at PIFF, Toronto". Punjabi Mania. http://punjabimania.com/short-film-fees-to-premiere-at-piff-toronto/. Retrieved 5 April 2016.