- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 7 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Heap_(company). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Heap_(company), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Heap_(company).
Heap is a business analytics company headquartered in San Francisco, California. The company provides a platform for automatically collecting web and mobile analytics data, which can then be visualized and sent to third-party analytics, marketing, and data warehousing services.
Heap was founded by Matin Movassate and Ravi Parikh in 2013. The idea for automated web and mobile analytics came to Movassate while he was working at Facebook and realized third-party tools for understanding web user behavior were lacking.
Heap differentiates itself from other web analytics tools by automatically collecting all data regardless of what a customer decides to track upfront. Consequently, if a customer realizes after setting up their analytics environment that there was additional user behavioral data they wanted to track, that data would already be available to reference. On web apps, "user behavior" entails page views, button clicks, and form field entries. On mobile, it entails interactions such as taps and swipes.
In August 2016, Heap raised an $11 million Series A fundraising round, bringing their total venture capital investment to $13 million. Further, they announced that Zendesk, Twilio, and Optimizely had joined their user base of 5,000 companies, helping spur 4.5x growth versus the previous year, and making the company cash-flow positive.
Awards and recognition
In 2015, Forbes recommended Heap as a tool for becoming an expert in social media analytics, and Forbes named Heap founders Ravi Parikh and Matin Movassate to their 30 Under 30 Founders list for enterprise technology companies.
- Kumparak, Greg. "YC-Backed Heap Takes On Google With Their “Modern Take On Analytics”". http://social.techcrunch.com/2013/04/15/yc-backed-heap-takes-on-google-with-a-modern-take-on-analytics/.
- Bryant, Martin (19 February 2014). "Heap Analytics: Easier For Anyone to Track Website Interactions". http://thenextweb.com/dd/2014/02/19/heap-analytics-now-anyone-company-track-interaction-website/.
- Kumparak, Greg. "Heap Raises $2M For Their “Capture Everything” Analytics Tool". http://social.techcrunch.com/2013/08/27/heap-raises-2m-for-their-capture-everything-analytics-tool/.
- Ha, Anthony. "Analytics company Heap raises $11M". http://social.techcrunch.com/2016/08/18/heap-series-a/.
- Ha, Anthony. "Analytics Startup Heap Brings Its “Capture Everything” Approach To iOS Apps". http://social.techcrunch.com/2014/06/20/heap-ios-launch/.
- "How NBC News covered the 2016 election on the trail". http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/decision-2016-look-back-trail-campaign-season-n686011.
- Konrad, Alex. "Why Red-Hot Analytics Startup Heap Raised $11 Million -- And Kept Quiet About It For Months". http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkonrad/2016/08/18/heap-raises-11-million-quietly/#11619d92ae5b.
- Council, Forbes Agency. "Eight Tools You Can Leverage To Become An Expert In Social Media Analytics". http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2016/04/20/eight-tools-to-leverage-to-become-an-expert-in-social-media-analytics/#28791b347255.
- "30 Under 30 2016: Enterprise Tech". http://www.forbes.com/30-under-30-2016/enterprise-tech/#589ed1535023.