- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 16 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Househappy. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Househappy, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Househappy.
'Househappy' is a free community platform for buyers, sellers, and brokers to connect, search, and post property for sale in 196 countries. Launched in March 2013, the online service provides a platform for individuals to search properties for sale internationally by photos and specific property features.
In May 2013, HousingWire featured Househappy on their RETech:50 list of top 50 firms “most likely to have an impact on the real estate transaction in the next 12 months.”
Users of the site can create a personal online profile that allows them to post properties for sale and bookmark others by “liking” them. Each property listing includes contact and other biographical information for the seller.
Houses are displayed in a grid of photos with no labels or headings, and filtered by user-selected criteria such as location, price, features, and financing options. It has been likened to other photo-centric social networking sites like Pinterest and Instagram. It is optimized for desktop, iOS, and Android devices.
Founder Kevin McCloskey is a licensed broker in Oregon, Washington, and California with over 25 years of experience. He thought of the initial concept for Househappy after reviewing a friend’s Match.com dating profile and imagining a photo-based real estate service to connect property buyers, sellers, and other real estate professionals. He said he “wanted to create an open platform with free access, social features, and user-friendly search.” McCloskey has stated use of the platform will always be free to search and post.
The search platform launched internationally online on March 27, 2013.
In November 2013, the company raised $1.5 million in funding led by Jeff Greenberg, Senior VP Electronic Media and Director at Skechers and founder of G9 Development, a luxury real estate development company. Househappy previously received $1 million from angel investors in seed round funding.
- /Househappy | About
- "Househappy will use photos to drive real estate searches". Inman News. September 24, 2012. http://www.inman.com/2012/09/24/househappy-will-use-photos-drive-real-estate-searches/.
- Njus, Elliot (March 27, 2013). "Househappy, a Portland-based, dating service-inspired real estate platform, goes live". The Oregonian. http://www.oregonlive.com/front-porch/index.ssf/2013/03/househappy_a_portland-based_re.html.
- /HousingWire RETech:50
- "Househappy is Headed to Web Summit!". October 24, 2013. http://blog.househappy.org/2013/10/24/househappy-is-headed-to-web-summit/.
- Weir, Tracy (September 7, 2013). "Househappy is the First Visual Search Engine For Real Estate. Can it Help You Win Clients?". Eight Eleven. http://eight11.com/househappy/.
- Shipe, Angie (April 26, 2013). "Househappy Brings Photo-Based Social Sharing to Real Estate". agent campus.com. http://www.agentcampus.com/blog/househappy-brings-photo-based-social-sharing-to-real-estate/.
- "Househappy Announces Launch of Photo-Driven Real Estate Platform: Search and Post Property for Sale Around the World - for Free". Yahoo! Finance. March 27, 2013. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/househappy-org-announces-launch-photo-131500771.html.
- Row, D.K (February 4, 2013). "Househappy aims to be comprehensive information and services platform for real estate industry". The Oregonian. http://www.oregonlive.com/small-business/index.ssf/2013/02/househappy_aims_to_be_comprehe.html.
- Spencer, Malia (November 12, 2013). "Skechers exec leads $1.5M Househappy round". Portland Business Journal. http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/2013/11/skechers-exec-leads-15m-househappy.html.
- "Househappy.org raises $1.5M in funding round led by Skechers director". Inman News. November 12, 2013. http://www.inman.com/wire/househappy-org-raises-1-5m-in-funding-round-led-by-skechers-director/.
- "Photo-Driven Real Estate Platform Househappy.org Secures $1.5 Million in Series A Financing". Yahoo! Finance. November 12, 2013. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/photo-driven-real-estate-platform-140500949.html.