- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 20 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Iris_Scott. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Iris_Scott, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Iris_Scott.
Original short description: "American painter"
Iris Scott (born in Maple Valley, Washington, 1984) is an American contemporary visual artist based in Brooklyn, New York, best known for pioneering finger painting to achieve media recognition and commercial success. Using "vibrant colors and vivid imagery"Template:Better source to represent a variety of natural-world subjects, Scott's art is said to express "remarkable movement, depth, and feeling". Scott's work has been featured in Forbes,Template:Better source USA Today, CBS New York, and American Art Collector.Template:Failed verification
Scott was raised by hippie parents in a farm environment in close contact with nature. She graduated from the Washington State University in 2006 with a degree in art. She later developed her finger painting style, which has been described by some critics as impressionistic and dream-like.
- "Photos: NY artist goes old school and makes intricate paintings with just her fingers". 22 March 2016. https://komonews.com/news/offbeat/photos-ny-artist-goes-old-school-and-makes-intricate-paintings-with-just-her-fingers. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- LIESL, ULRICH-VERDERBER (3 January 2017). "Prepare to be Awed by the Finger Painter Iris Scott". https://everwideningcircles.com/2017/01/03/finger-painter-iris-scott/. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- Pofeldt, Elaine Pofeldt (8 July 2018). "How A Fine Artist Built A Million-Dollar, One-Person Business That's True To Her Vision". https://www.forbes.com/sites/elainepofeldt/2018/07/08/how-a-fine-artist-built-a-million-dollar-one-person-business-thats-true-to-her-vision/#1c229a777ddf. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- "Iris Scott creates stunning images with finger painting". 27 September 2016. https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/news/nation-now/2016/09/27/iris-scott-creates-stunning-images-with-finger-painting/91165106/. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Hsu, Cindy (17 February 2017). "Professional Artist Proves Fingerpainting Not Just For Children". https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/17/professional-artist-proves-fingerpainting-not-just-for-children/. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "Movement and texture". https://www.americanartcollector.com/issues/num/96. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- Becker, Noah (February 2019). "Iris Scott Talks To Noah Becker About Her Paintings". https://whitehotmagazine.com/articles/noah-becker-about-her-paintings/4153. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- Laneri, Raquel (May 31, 2019). "This artist’s mad skills prove finger painting isn’t just kid stuff". https://nypost.com/2019/05/31/this-artists-mad-skills-prove-finger-painting-isnt-just-kid-stuff/.