- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 2 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:J-Ssali. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/J-Ssali, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/J-Ssali.
20 December 1988|
Joel Ssali commonly known by his stage name J-Ssali is a Ugandan Afro-pop musician., drummer, Radio/TV presenter and voice-over artist who rose to fame with his hit single "Just You (Gwe Weka)" early 2014. His hit single prompted concert organizers to schedule him up for performances alongside international and big local musicians including Nigerian Davido's and curtain raising for Jamaican born singer Christopher Martin both in Kampala in 2014. J-Ssali appeared and performed on Urban Today, a morning TV show on Urban TV for an interview with Gaetano Kagwa and Malaika about his music. He also appeared on Straight Up - Urban TV, then Sanyu Fm
J-Ssali started in music career in 2011 when he released his first single "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" which received favorable local radio airplay. J-Ssali went off the music radar to concentrate on his other TV, Radio presentation and Voice over Artist jobs until January 2014 when he released his hit single "Just You (Gwe Weka)" on X-Fm and Sanyu Fm and the accompanying video on WBS TV and then spreading all over the local radios and TV stations.
J-Ssali has also done line performances on some of Africa's major music festivals and stages including the Bayimba festival in Uganda in 2015, Sauti Za Busara in Zanzibar in 2012, Laba Festival of the Arts in Uganda in 2013 and 2014, Zam Zam Festival in Zanzibar in 2012, Pearl Rhythm Festival Uganda in 2014 featuring The Undercover Brothers Ug, the Kampala Capital City Authoruity (KCCA) Festival 2015 and in Zambia, Dar Es Salaam in 2013.
J-Ssali was one of the curtain raisers for Christopher Martin's flopped concert and Davido's concert in Kampala in 2014. He has also performed alongside some of the big names on the Ugandan music scnene including Goodlyfe Crew's Radio and Weasle Juics Concert in 2015, the East African Carnival in Kiwatule in 2014 alongside Bebe Cool, Nazizi and Wyre and on Bobi Wine's Busabala Kiggwa leero concert of 2015
- Just You (Gwe Weka) 2014
- Hold me ft Undercover Brothers Ug 2014
- Nkwebaza 2011
- Fungua Moyo Wako
- Enjoy Yo Life (Wesanyukile)
- Kanfube nga bwentoba
- Make you come
- Jangu Eno
Nominations and Awards
|2013||Zina Awards - Uganda||Best New/Upcoming Artist||Template:Won|
- "Robin launches New Vibes theme night". Kaggwa Andrew. http://tsupug.blogspot.ug/2013/04/robin-launches-new-vibes-theme-night.html. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "J-Ssali". http://uganda.spla.pro/en/file.person.j-ssali-j-ssali.47007.html. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "Chris Martin refuses to sing to 'chairs' as his show flops". http://www.monitor.co.ug/artsculture/Entertainment/Chris-Martin-s-show-flops/-/812796/2445198/-/km495q/-/index.html. Retrieved 8 September 2014.