J. P. Holding
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 14 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:J._P._Holding. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/J._P._Holding, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/J._P._Holding.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (March 2014)
James Patrick Holding (born 1968) is a Christian apologist best known for Tekton Education and Apologetics Ministry, a website cataloguing Holding's articles addressing current apologetical issues. In addition to his website, Holding has self-published a number of related books such as The Impossible Faith (2007), Shattering the Christ Myth (2008), and Trusting the New Testament (2009). Holding's work has appeared in connection with various other apologetics ministries as well, and has occasioned rebuttals from such prominent atheists as G. A. Wells and Richard Carrier.
Holding was given the name "James Patrick Holding" at birth. When he was an infant, his name was legally changed to "Robert Turkel".[no citations needed here] Holding used his birth name as a pseudonym online, before formally changing his name to his birth name in July 2007.
- *Boyd, Gregory A. & Eddy, Paul Rhodes, The Jesus Legend: A Case for the Historical Reliability of the Synoptic Jesus Tradition (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2007) pp. 181, 423-424, 433, 470
- Block, Daniel I., Israel: Ancient Kingdom Or Late Invention? (Nashville: B & H Academic, 2008) p. 64
- Hanegraaff, Hank & Maier, Paul L., The Da Vinci Code: Fact Or Fiction?: A Critique of the Novel by Dan Brown (Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House, 2004) p. 81
- Holding, J. P., "Mary Magdalene's Modern Makeover", Christian Research Journal 29 (2), 2006, pp. 6-8
- Holding, J. P., "Is the 'Erets (Earth) Flat? Equivocal Language in the Geography of Genesis 1 and the Old Testament: A Response to Paul H. Seely", CEN Technical Journal 14 (3), 2000, pp. 51-54
- Holding, J. P., "Debunking the Documentary Hypothesis", Technical Journal 19 (3), 2005, pp. 37-40
- Holding, J. P., "Dawkins' Ironic Hypocrisy", Creation Ministries International, 2008
- Wells, G. A., "A Reply to J. P. Holding's 'Shattering' of My Views on Jesus and an Examination of the Early Pagan and Jewish References to Jesus", The Secular Web, 2000
- Carrier, Richard, "Was Christianity Too Improbable to be False?", The Secular Web, 2006
- About James Patrick Holding. Tektonics.
- Posting by J. P. Holding on the TheologyWeb forumTemplate:Deadlink. July 3, 2007.