- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 1 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Jacob_Kassay. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jacob_Kassay, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jacob_Kassay.
Early life and work
Kassay received a BFA from the University of Buffalo in 2006. While a student in Buffalo, Kassay cofounded and directed Kitchen Distribution, a performance and exhibition space. He moved to New York City in 2006, later moving to Los Angeles in 2011.
Kassay's work concerns a formal approach to the placement and objectivity of paintings. Adhering to a set of strict reductive strategies employed by modern artists  and minimalist artists, Kassay's work focuses on situating objects according to their spatial limits while foregrounding the experience of the provisional duration of their exhibition.
In Kassay's main body of work, the surface and support of painting merge into a cohesive object through the inherent transformation process of electroplating. As achromatic objects, their qualities and tonalities are dependent upon not only the canvases themselves but the reflection of their ambient surroundings.
- Lyons, Matthew (May–June 2012). "Room Tone". Flash Art (2384). http://www.flashartonline.com/interno.php?pagina=articolo_det&id_art=880&det=ok&title=JACOB-KASSAY. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- Wolin, Joseph R (19 March 2009). "Jacob Kassay". Time Out NY: 54. http://www.timeout.com/newyork/art/jacob-kassay. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- O’Neill-Butler, Lauren. "Artforum Critic's Pick". Artforum. http://artforum.com/picks/id=27356&view=print. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Cotter, Holland (December 23, 2010). "LOOKING BACK: The Fifth White Columns Annual". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/24/arts/design/24galleries-LOOKINGBACK_RVW.html. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Huberman, Anthony (Summer 2010). "Fields of Light". Mousse Magazine (24).
- Belcove, Julie. L (3 October 2011). "New Kid". The New Yorker: 23. http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2011/10/03/111003ta_talk_belcove. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- Gallery, Art : Concept. "Artist Biography". http://www.galerieartconcept.com/2012/?page_id=180&rub=cv. Retrieved 18 March 2013.