- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 21 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:James_Allsup. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/James_Allsup, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/James_Allsup.
James Allsup on air in the KZUU studio
James Orion Allsup|
September 7, 1995
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Washington State University, Pullman |
Bothell High School
|Occupation||Campaign manager; Senior Advisor, Students for Trump; radio host; Chairman, Washington College Republicans Federation|
James Orion Allsup (born September 7, 1995) is an American campaign manager, and currently serves as the Senior Advisor for Students for Trump, a nonprofit political organization whose mission is to "see that Donald Trump is elected as the next President of the United States and that the Republican Party is placed back into power in Washington." He is currently the campaign manager for Hailey Roemer, a candidate for representative in Washington's 9th legislative district.
Early life and education
Allsup was born in Beaverton, Oregon in 1995. He attended Bothell High School in Bothell, Washington, before attending Washington State University in Pullman, Washington to pursue degrees in political science, criminal justice, and Chinese. While attending Washington State University he was president of WSU College Republicans and hosted events that brought Republican candidates such as Bill Bryant and Chris Vance to the university.
In 2013, during his senior year at Bothell High School, Allsup led a student movement known as "#FreeBothell", which sought to change the school administration's policy of monitoring student Twitter accounts. On a Change.org petition site, Allsup wrote that "our school district should be less concerned with what we say in 140 characters or less and more concerned with providing us a quality education," and requested that school administrators "exercise restraint" in "internet-related discipline cases." In an interview with KOMO-TV, Allsup stated that the Northshore School District "could be doing a better job with the resources that the taxpayers provide them with instead of acting as a cyber police."
2016 presidential campaign
Students for Trump
Following the suspension of Paul's campaign, Allsup was hired by Ryan Fournier to serve as the Senior Advisor at Students for Trump, a non-profit political organization based in Campbell, North Carolina supporting Donald Trump's presidential campaign, unaffiliated with the official campaign organization.
While at Students for Trump, Allsup helped to organize events like the May 9, 2016 construction of the "Trump Wall" at the University of Washington. The wall was 10'x8' and built out of plywood, painted to resemble a brick wall, with the phrases "Blue Lives Matter" and "Make America Great Again" painted on the front. The event, which was co-hosted by UW Students for Trump and UW College Republicans, was met with "about 100" protesters, and was labeled by some as a "racist symbol against Mexico and the immigrant community." When asked about the reason for organizing the event, Allsup told Seattle Weekly that "the message was that we need to have a strong immigration policy and enforce the law," and regarding the exposure the event generated, that “the reason people demonstrate is for exposure, media or otherwise.”
9th district legislative race
On May 26, 2016, it was indicated on paperwork filed to Washington State's Public Disclosure Commission (PDC) that Allsup had been hired as the campaign manager for Hailey Roemer, a Republican challenging Republican incumbent Mary Dye for the position of representative, position 1 in Washington's 9th legislative district. Roemer, who was 20 years old on May 26 when her candidacy was announced, is focusing her campaign on education policy, agriculture policy, and highway funding- specifically for Washington highways 26 and 195. In an interview with The Daily Evergreen, Allsup described Roemer as "the clear choice" to replace Representative Dye.
- Julia Glum, "Students For Trump: Meet The Millennials Helping The Donald Nab The Youth Vote", International Business Times, 12/01/2015
- "About Students for Trump - Students for Trump" (in en-US). https://students4trump.com/about-students-for-trump/.
- reporter, Forrest Holt | Evergreen. "Trump tabling sparks debate". http://www.dailyevergreen.com/news/article_3f23d2a8-fc5c-11e5-99e7-f3a827a320ff.html.
- reports, From staff. "WSU grad to run for state rep". http://www.dailyevergreen.com/news/article_4bd65a1e-2c56-11e6-9a1b-97f96795a2b0.html.
- Cohen, Lindsay. "Cyber police or Big Brother? Kids irked by school's Twitter policy" (in en-US). http://komonews.com/archive/cyber-police-or-big-brother-kids-irked-by-schools-twitter-policy.
- "Leadership - Students for Trump" (in en-US). https://students4trump.com/leadership/.
- reports, From staff. "Gubernatorial candidate speaks to WSU students". http://www.dailyevergreen.com/news/article_dfe045bc-cba8-11e5-958d-9bde9bc99309.html.
- reporter, Hannah Street | Evergreen. "Senate candidate visits WSU". http://www.dailyevergreen.com/news/article_03b5fb02-1c90-11e6-b235-8b6011084a90.html.
- "%23freebothell - Twitter Search". https://twitter.com/search?q=%2523freebothell&src=typd.
- "King County Elections Department". King County. August 19, 2014. http://your.kingcounty.gov/elections/2014/aug-primary/results/pco-results-01.txt.
- "College students erect ‘Trump wall’ at University of Washington". 2016-05-09. http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/education/students-erect-trump-wall-at-the-university-of-washington/.
- "University of Washington students erected an 8-foot 'Trump wall' and had to tear it down when a Mexican student climbed over it". http://www.businessinsider.com/university-of-washington-trump-wall-2016-5.
- "University of Washington "Trump Wall" Trumped by Students" (in en-US). 2016-05-10. http://blog.seattlepi.com/capitolhill/2016/05/09/university-of-washington-trump-wall-trumped-by-students/.
- "The UW Trump Movement Is a Perfect Microcosm of the Donald’s Ridiculous Campaign - Seattle Weekly" (in en-US). 2016-05-20. http://www.seattleweekly.com/news/the-uw-trump-movement-is-a-perfect-microcosm-of-the-donalds-ridiculous-campaign/.
- "Candidate registration". Washington State Public Disclosure Commission. http://web.pdc.wa.gov/rptimg/default.aspx?docid=4573996.