- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 20 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Jerome_D'Silva. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jerome_D'Silva, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jerome_D'Silva.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2011)
September 26, 1923|
April 20, 2017|
In 1952 he briefly got involved politically as a Municipal Alderman. However, his primary occupation was a company that his partner Ashfaq R. Hussain started with him in 1947, the Hussain D'Silva Construction Company. The firm, which became one of the largest developers in Pakistan, was fully integrated and included property brokerage, land acquisition and development, leasing and operations. The developments included a major shopping centre, a complex of 430 condominiums, over 50 farms, and a township with 500 bungalows, which is named Hussain D’Silva Town after the two partners. Hussain-D'Silva company was also responsible for financing and starting The East and West Savings and Loan Association to finance house purchases in their residential delopments; at the time it was the only savings and loans association in Karachi.
The two partners also owned Hussain-D'Silva Films Ltd. which produced several full-length movies in Urdu, the most well-known being Bara Admi (Big Man), which won the Nigar Award in Pakistan.
In 1974 Jerome D'Silva decided to emigrate to Canada. He believed that the politically instability in Pakistan at the time would make it difficult for the future of his family. In Toronto, he and his brother formed a company Steward Provisions Ltd., under which they owned and operated The Sea Shanty Restaurants and Taverns in Brampton, St. Catharines, and downtown Toronto.
- Jalil, Sabeen. "Constructing the story of Hussain-D’Silva", The News International, 3 May 2009. Accessed 22 April 2016.
- "Jerome D'Silva - Mississauga - Turner & Porter Funeral Directors". permavita.com. http://turnerporter.permavita.com/site/JeromeDSilva.html. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "Through hardships to the stars : St. Patrick’s High School turns 150 years old today - The Express Tribune". tribune.com.pk. 6 May 2011. http://tribune.com.pk/story/162698/through-hardships-to-the-stars-st-patricks-high-school-turns-150-years-old-today/. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- Mascarenhas, Oswin (2011). The Origin and Evolution of St Lawrence's Parish, Karachi, Pakistan: The Garden Area with the Settlement of the Christian Community. (Kindle Location 1915). Kindle Edition.
- "The News". 3 May 2009. http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=175564. Template:Dead link
- "Jerome D'silva". http://www.goacom.com/culture/biographies/mprofile.html#g2.