John Henry Silva
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 30 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:John_Henry_Silva. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/John_Henry_Silva, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/John_Henry_Silva.
|John Henry Silva|
November 10, 1980|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Occupation||Private Equity Investor|
|Years active||1998 — Present|
|Known for||Investor, Entrepreneur, Public Policy Advocacy, Presidential Marine|
John Henry Silva is an entrepreneur, investor and veteran. He is a leading advocate for innovation, sustainability and veterans affairs. Prior to his career in private equity, he was selected for Yankee White Duty to protect the President of the United States.
Previously, he founded Tufts Health Ventures, the corporate development division of Tufts Health Plan, the leading health plan in the United States as rated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Silva was selected to serve in the The White House on Yankee White Duty in the United States Marine Corps. He served during the Administrations of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, serving on Presidential Missions worldwide. He also served in the US Marine Corps Special Forces. For his military service, he was awarded the Presidential Service Badge #17996 by President Clinton.
"3BL Holdings acquires Corporate Responsibility Association", 2017 
"Tufts Health Ventures invests in ConsejoSano, Spanish-Language Health Services Platform", 2017 
"Circulation, a Startup that uses Uber for Non-Emergency Medical Transportation", 2016 
“Ask the Experts: Startup Advice” Medtech Boston, 2015 
"Tufts Health Ventures Acquires Integra Partners from Peterson Partners", Wall Street Journal, 2015
“Boston Startup Musters $5M in Venture Capital” Boston Herald, 2013
"Venture Capital Backed Carewell Urgent Care Opens 6 Centers in Massachusetts" Boston Business Journal, 2013 
"Unihair grows into Regenerative Medicine" Financial Times, 2010 
"Pharmstandard, Largest Russian Pharmaceutical Company, Listing on LSE", 2006 
"A Classical Foundation for Veterans" Eidolon Journal, 2017 
“A Guide to Innovation Diplomacy” Boston Globe, 2013
"The Aga Khan announces the Aga Khan University's Expansion of Seven New Schools across Two Continents, 2012" 
“Innovation and Cross-Pollination Networking” Boston Globe, 2012
“Social Fortress, the First Privacy Protection for Facebook and Email” Bloomberg News, 2011
"Building a Better America – One Wealth Quintile at a Time", Perspectives on Psychological Science, 2011
“Investigating Urbanism and Entrepreneurship” MIT Entrepreneurship Review, 2010 
Editor, Humanism and Business. Cambridge University Press, 2009
Brummer and BracNet Investment, Harvard Business School Case, 2009
“Soldiers Discuss Military Service” Harvard Crimson, 2006
- On Innovation and Diplomacy: "This is a new age of innovation diplomacy for our community. No longer is diplomacy the province exclusively of professional diplomats; we can integrate diplomacy into our business operations.", Quoted in the Boston Globe
- On Entrepreneurship and Urbanism: "Entrepreneurship and innovation thrive in intellectual environments where the synergy of great minds, abundant resources and cultural zeal all reinforce the productive faculties of theory and practice, mind and hand.", Quoted in the MIT Entrepreneurship Review
- On Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital: "The best way to get buy-in from corporate leadership is to show immediate return on investment. By focusing on the most costly and underserved pain points in healthcare, entrepreneurs can create real value. There are many underserved chronic condition patient populations for entrepreneurs to address, and that can make a great impact in many lives. As your product or service gains traction through satisfied customers, you can expand the range of your offerings.", Quoted in Medtech Boston
- On Investing in Diversity: “Today’s health care system can often be complex, and almost impossible to navigate for those who speak a primary language other than English. ConsejoSano performs a very important service for its clients, simplifying the complicated health care world for Spanish speaking individuals. This investment is in line with our mission of improving the health and wellness of the diverse communities we serve.”, Quoted in MobiHealth News
- On Veterans and Classics: "Initially, like many veterans who discover an interest in Ancient Rome and Greece, I was attracted by the grand accounts of martial glory. Who is not astounded by the feats of the Athenians defending their home from vast invasions, the stern discipline of the Spartans, or the titans of grand strategy such as Themistocles, Alexander the Great, and Hannibal? Yet as I delved deeper into Greco-Roman civilization, I learned the Classics have more to teach us about peace than about war.", Quoted in the Eidolon Journal
- On Veterans and Politics: "There is “an enormous disconnect between the military and the elite in this country—just look at Congress.", Quoted in the Harvard Crimson
- On Veterans and Networking: “It changed the whole course of my military service, and if I hadn’t talked to people who were savvy enough to let me know about it, I never would have had that opportunity.”, Quoted in the Boston Globe
- Private Equity
- Economic Development
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Sustainability
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Veteran Affairs
- "Soldiers Discuss Military Service – News – The Harvard Crimson". http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2006/5/3/soldiers-discuss-military-service-a-contingent/. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Military networking website beginning to take off – The Boston Globe". https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/12/04/military-networking-website-beginning-take-off/GN5WxRdl9hN0iigqLev8II/story.html. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Tufts Health Plan – Health Insurance in MA and RI". https://tuftshealthplan.com. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Launch of the expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital – Aga Khan Development Network". http://www.akdn.org/speech/his-highness-aga-khan/launch-expansion-aga-khan-hospital. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Warrior Scolar Project – Board of Academic Advisors". http://warrior-scholar.org/academicadvisors.html. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- GmbH, finanzen.net. "3BL Media Acquires CR Magazine and COMMIT!Forum from SharedXpertise Media in Asset Purchase Agreement That Includes Management of Corporate Responsibility Association". http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/3BL-Media-Acquires-CR-Magazine-and-COMMIT-Forum-from-SharedXpertise-Media-in-Asset-Purchase-Agreement-That-Includes-Management-of-Corporate-Responsibility-Association-1001943087. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "ConsejoSano raises $4.9M for Spanish-language healthcare services platform". 13 February 2017. http://www.mobihealthnews.com/content/consejosano-raises-49m-spanish-language-healthcare-services-platform. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Circulation, a startup that helps hospitals use Uber for medical transportation, gets seed investment". 13 October 2016. http://www.mobihealthnews.com/content/circulation-startup-helps-hospitals-use-uber-medical-transportation-gets-seed-investment. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Ask the Experts: Startup Advice". 15 April 2015. https://medtechboston.medstro.com/blog/2015/04/15/ask-the-experts-startup-advice/2/. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- Or, Amy (2 September 2015). "Tufts Health Plan Acquires Peterson Partners-Backed Integra Partners". http://www.wsj.com/articles/DJFLBO0120150902eb92bmjzm. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Subscribe to read". https://www.ft.com/content/f5d35f6a-eb63-11df-b482-00144feab49a. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Abramovich to float drugs giant". http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-1603840/Abramovich-to-float-drugs-giant.html. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Semper Fidelis: How Classics Can Help Veterans – EIDOLON". 16 March 2017. https://eidolon.pub/semper-fidelis-how-classics-can-help-veterans-53723d2a1a24. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "A guide to innovation diplomacy in Boston". http://archive.boston.com/business/blogs/global-business-hub/2013/05/a_guide_to_inno.html. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "The Aga Khan announces the Aga Khan University’s expansion into Liberal Arts at a historic convocation – Aga Khan Development Network". http://www.akdn.org/press-release/aga-khan-announces-aga-khan-universitys-expansion-liberal-arts-historic-convocation. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Five Keys to Cross-Pollination Networking in Boston". http://archive.boston.com/business/blogs/global-business-hub/2012/04/five_keys_to_cr.html. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "The Interplay of Mind, Hand, and City: Investigating Urbanism and Entrepreneurship – The MIT Entrepreneurship Review". http://miter.mit.edu/articleinterplay-mind-hand-and-city-investigating-urbanism-and-entrepreneurship/. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Humanism in Business – Cambridge University Press". http://www.cambridge.org/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780511512322&ss=exc. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- Ebrahim, Alnoor; Pirson, Michael; Mangas, Patricia (17 April 2009). Brummer and the bracNet Investment. http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Pages/item.aspx?num=37310. Retrieved 30 August 2017.