JonTron (web series)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 25 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:JonTron_(web_series). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/JonTron_(web_series), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/JonTron_(web_series).
JonTron is an American comedy webseries created by comedian Jon "JonTron" Jafari. The series first premiered on YouTube in late 2010, and later started airing concurrently on Jafari's website, NormalBoots . The series stars Jafari and his robotic parrot, Jacques, as they review obscure video games, movies, and television shows.
JonTron is inspired by the likes of the Angry Video Game Nerd, Mega64, Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, Egoraptor, Nostalgia Critic, and The Spoony Experiment.
JonTron first gained recognition when the DinoCity episode made the front page of the social networking/news website, Reddit on a post in the Gaming subreddit titled "After watching this, video game reviews really aren't the same anymore." 
In July 2012, Jafari, alongside Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson, launched a second YouTube channel, called Game Grumps, where the two would casually play video games and commentate over them. Jafari was a main co-host for nearly a year, before announcing his departure on June 25, 2013, claiming the channel prevented him from focusing on JonTron. He was replaced the same day by Leigh Daniel "Danny Sexbang" Avidan of Ninja Sex Party.
On May 4, 2015, Jafari released a trailer to a spinoff of his main series, titled JonTron's StarCade, where he plans to play and review every game associated with the Star Wars series. Thus far, six episodes of the series have been produced, with special guests including current Game Grumps member and animator Ross O'Donovan, animator and Voice actor Zach "PsychicPebbles" Hadel, and comedian, actor, dancer, and filmmaker Nathan Barnatt. In this series, Jafari plays a character based on Star Wars character Han Solo, who is forced by antagonist Darth Vader to play every Star Wars game. Unlike JonTron, the series is filmed on a set.
JonTron has been praised for its original comedy, and the diligence of the creator. Joshua Cohen of Tubefilter, in an interview with Jafari, praised his "comical, critical, and sometimes nostalgic look at terrible video games (and occasionally, other pieces of very bad entertainment ephemera)... Jafari covers the very popular online video gaming genre unlike anyone else, by way of compelling takedowns with a Mystery Science Theater-esque spin."  JonTron has over two million subscribers on YouTube.
- "NormalBoots". http://normalboots.com/. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- "DinoCity BRO!!! - JonTron". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwNsrmcsBCM&feature=fvwk. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- Sheet, Jack (19 February 2011). "After watching this, video game reviews really aren't the same anymore.". Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/foguf/after_watching_this_video_game_reviews_really/. The episode was so popular, Arin Hanson or Egoraptor found out Jafari through this episode. They started working toghether in 2011.
- "GameGrumps". https://plus.google.com/102006312630206058715. http://www.youtube.com/user/GameGrumps. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- My New Channel: GAME GRUMPS! (Featuring JonTron!), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNQkq3Q4CCg, retrieved 2015-10-24
- Ode to Jon - Game Grumps, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNizrobWjBU, retrieved 2015-10-24
- Welcome to Steam Train!, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU-PYLfduLE, retrieved 2015-10-24
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!: Around the World - PART 1 - Game Grumps, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sdkdQGQxgw, retrieved 2015-10-24
- Carrasco, Ed (June 26, 2013). "Is JonTron and Egoraptor’s Breakup The End of ‘Game Grumps’? Fans Sound Off on Social Media". New Media Rockstars. http://newmediarockstars.com/2013/06/is-jontron-and-egoraptors-breakup-the-end-of-game-grumps-fans-sound-off-on-social-media/. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Amini, Tina (June 26, 2013). "Fans Are Upset Over YouTube Duo 'Game Grumps' Break-Up". Kotaku. http://kotaku.com/fans-are-upset-over-youtube-duo-game-grumps-break-up-585225892. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- "StarCade Trailer". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5mku-j7zs.
- "StarCade playlist (missing Episode 6: Yoda Stories)". https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmsahz1j_BDKaOffHm33ghV5_9AwV_Q6S.
- Cohen, Joshua (15 May 2014). "YouTube Millionaires: JonTron Makes Terrible Video Games Great". Rackspace. http://www.tubefilter.com/2014/05/15/jontron-youtube-millionaires/.