- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 1 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kadant. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kadant, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kadant.
Kadant Inc was set up in 1991 and is now based in Westford, Massachusetts. Until 2001, Kadant Inc was originally named as Thermo Fibertek Inc. and became a fully independent public company in the same year. The company focuses on papermaking, paper recycling, and other processing industries over the United States, China, and Europe.
In November 2013, Kadant Inc. entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Carmanah Design and Manufacturing Inc. for Canadian dollars (CAD) 54 million in cash, or approximately USD 52 million.
Kadant engages in mainly four segments: stock preparation systems, fluid handling systems, roll doctoring, cleaning & filtration, and fiber-based granules. Kadant provides custom-engineered systems (e.g. recycling and approach flow systems) and equipment (e.g. virgin pulping process equipment). The company also provides fluid-handling systems (e.g. rotary joints, syphons, turbulator bars, precision unions) widely used in the dryer section of the papermaking process, and the production of corrugated boxboard, metals, plastics, rubber, textiles, chemicals, and food. In addition, the company offers doctoring systems (e.g. doctor blades), profiling systems, shower and fabric-conditioning, formation, and water-filtration systems Kaden also provides individual components, widely used in pulping, de-inking, screening, cleaning, refining recycled. The company supplies biodegradable absorbent granules from papermaking byproducts for some agriculture uses.
Research and development
Kadant's Research & Development facilities are based in Europe and the USA, engaging in fiber processing, heat transfer, doctoring, and fluid handling. This facilities are also place where customers could test their own operating conditions. The company is ready to sharing the knowledge through ongoing seminars and training programs for better improvement of the products.
- "Business Summary". http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=KAI+Profile.
- "Company Full Description". http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyProfile?rpc=66&symbol=KAI.
- "Kadant to Acquire Carmanah Design and Manufacturing". http://investor.kadant.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=89087&p=irol-newsArticle&id=1871378.
- "Kadant Products". http://www.kadant.com/products/products.html.
- "Research & Development". http://www.google.com/finance?cid=656471&hl=en.