Kamui (video game)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 3 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kamui_(video_game). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kamui_(video_game), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kamui_(video_game).
Template:Infobox video game Template:Nihongo is a vertical shoot 'em up video game developed for Windows by the dōjin circle Template:Ill. The full game was first released in 1999 at the Comiket 57. It had been distributed with a CD-R disc for one and a half years. Later, it was distributed with a CD-ROM from dōjin shops. Also, it was commercially released with the GameLand2000 line published by MSD-JAPAN, Inc. Daiso sold Template:Nihongo at 100 yen, which contained only 2 stages. Nyu Media localized into English and published on Steam in 2013. The latest version is 1.12 released on March 2, 2013, that supports Windows 7.
A director Template:Nihongo thought there was no arcade-quality shoot'em up for Windows, he decided to create it. "To be honest, I'm doubtful that the direction of recent consumer shoot'em ups. I feel they desert their few fans. While this situation, I tried to create a work which attracted not only enthusiasts but also beginners.", he said. He had already developed ALLTYNEX and submitted it to the 2nd ASCII Entertainment Software Contest. He couldn't wait for its result, so he started developing the game. It had been in development for 3 years because most part of the game, plots, programs, graphics and musics, were developed by him. "I hardly worked for maiking it fun. The Locked-on system, a basis of the game, came from existing works, but it was important to move it into the new direction and add unique fun.", he said. One journalist pointed out that the game was influenced by RayForce, Terra Diver, Battle Garegga, Radiant Silvergun and Thunder Force V. Programs were initially written with Borland Delphi 2.0, later C++Builder with WinG library.
- "神威". SITER SKAIN. http://www.siterskain.com/products/data/kamui/index.html.
- (in ja) Doujin Game Package Design Vol.01. RebRank. 2013. pp. 28–33. http://www.rebrank.org/products/dpd1/.
- "神威【一般流通版紹介】". SITER SKAIN. http://www.siterskain.com/kamui/msdj.htm.
- "GAMELAND Products 2000". MSD-JAPAN, Inc.. 2001-05-30. Archived from the original on 2001-05-30. https://web.archive.org/web/20010530211315/http://gameland.salva.com/products/2000/index_2.html.
- "名作同人ゲーム Best 5 : 神威". 同人ゲームマニアックス. Kill Time Communication. 2001. pp. 58–63. ISBN 4-906650-96-1.
- "神威 入手方法". SITER SKAIN. http://www.siterskain.com/products/data/kamui/acqmet.htm.
- "DAISO : Monthly offers August 2002 : Windows Game series" (in ja). Daiso Industries Co., Ltd.. 2002-12-01. Archived from the original on 2002-12-01. https://web.archive.org/web/20021201082515/http://www.daiso-sangyo.co.jp/item/index.html.
- "『神威』の国内インディーズ開発SITER SKAINがSTG三部作の英語版におけるKickstarterを開始". 『神威』の国内インディーズ開発SITER SKAINがSTG三部作の英語版におけるKickstarterを開始. IID, Inc.. 2013-04-24. http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2013/04/24/40372.html.
- "SITER SKAIN : サポート". http://www.siterskain.com/support/index.html.
- "第2回 アスキー エンタテインメント ソフトウェア コンテスト 受賞作品". Enterbrain. http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/gamecon/a_con2.html.
- "神威〜制作秘話". Jirurun. 2001-02-19. Archived from the original on 2001-02-19. https://web.archive.org/web/20010219055211/http://www9.big.or.jp/~jill/program/kamui/makestory.htm.
- "神威 開発スタッフ". SITER SKAIN. http://www.siterskain.com/kamui/staff.htm.
- Jirurun (2010-03-02). "SITER SKAIN的シューティングの実装について―神威・RefleX・ALLTYNEX Secondのお話―". IGDA Japan, NPO. http://www.slideshare.net/sakugetu/siter-skainreflexalltynex-second.
- Official website (in Japanese)