Kate Bell (entrepreneur)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 24 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kate_Bell_(entrepreneur). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kate_Bell_(entrepreneur), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kate_Bell_(entrepreneur).
Katrina Louise Bell|
October 4, 1979
|Alma mater||Southampton City College|
Kate Bell is a British businesswoman and founder of Zip Us In, a British manufacturer and retailer of clothing expansion products.
Early life and education
In 2004, Kate registered her first company Fate Promotions Limited. In 2013, when Kate was pregnant, she developed an idea for a new and innovative product; a panel of fabric that could expand her own jacket, saving on the cost of a maternity coat. This product would enable Kate to continue wearing the jacket she already loved during pregnancy and also to expand her jacket around her daughter when in a carrier. When the development of this product came the birth of Kate’s second company, Zip Us In limited. The company experienced rapid growth and what started as a side line to Kate's career, turned in to a successful international brand in a very short space of time.
Kate continues to run both business, as well as being an active director for NIPA Baby Limited, a non-profit organisation that works to support independent Nursery brands across the UK. According to her, she enjoys keeping fit, completing a number of sporting events during her lifetime including the Brighton Marathon, the Nuts Challenge and the New Forest half marathon.
- 2017: Barclays Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- "Four women who failed their GCSEs tell us how they found success in business". The Sun (United Kingdom). https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/7059017/these-successful-businesswoman-failed-their-gcses/. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- "Kate Bell, Director at Zip Us In". LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-bell-494a2a29/. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- "Kate Bell, designer of award-winning maternity wear, crowned South East Entrepreneur of the Year". Southern Daily Echo. https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/15424156.mum-zips-up-top-business-award-with-maternity-wear/. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- "We are your voice". Official website. http://www.fatepromotions.co.uk/what-we-do.php. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- "Zip Us In - New Forest Business Partnership". https://www.nfbp.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Zip-Us-In.pdf. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- "Why late payments need to be tackled now for the benefit of SMEs" (in en). https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2018/10/23/why-late-payments-need-to-be-tackled-now-for-the-benefit-of-smes. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- "Make your management fit for growth". University of Cambridge. https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/entrepreneurship/programmes/sme-growth/. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- "Prompt Payment Code should be made compulsory and payment terms halved". Association of Accounting Technicians. https://www.aat.org.uk/aat-news/aat-prompt-payment-code-should-be-made-compulsory-and-payment-terms-halved.
- "Kate Bell of Zipusin on Becoming a Mumpreneur". https://www.onesmallhuman.co.uk/kate-bell-zipusin-mumpreneur/. Retrieved 10 February 2019.