- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 29 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Katharine_Gorka. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Katharine_Gorka, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Katharine_Gorka.
Template:COI Katharine "Katie" Fairfax Cornell Gorka is an American national security analyst and was the president of the defunct think tank, Council on Global Security, as well as the president of Threat Knowledge Group, a former consulting firm that offered counter-terrorism training.
Gorka is the daughter of the late Milton Keen Cornell and Sandra Lipson Ryon. She is a direct descendant of George Cornell, the founder of Cornell Iron, formerly Cornell Iron Works. It became the largest iron works in the United States and worked with the leading architects to take New York's buildings from four stories in the 1850s, to thirty stories by 1899. Gorka wrote a book about the company entitled, Cornell Iron Works: The History of an Enduring Family Business.
During Gorka's career she has held positions in numerous national security fields. She has also written numerous articles for the news website, Breitbart News Network. On March 17, 2016, Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz announced Gorka would be a member of his national security coalition which would advise him on foreign policy issues. On November 30, 2016, The Intercept reported that Gorka had been appointed to be part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's transitional "landing team."
Previously, she served as the director of the Westminster Institute, which she helped establish in 2009; the Institute for Transitional Democracy and International Security; and the Hungarian office of the National Forum Foundation. She was a senior Fellow at the World Policy Institute. Gorka lived in Hungary for 12 years, where, with her husband, Sebastian Gorka, she co-founded the Institute for Transitional Democracy and International Security.
She graduated in 1982 with a bachelor's degree in comparative literature from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In 1986, she received a diploma in international relations from London School of Economics and in 1987 graduated with a master of science in economic and international political economy.
- "Drowning the Tiger: The Failure of Hungarian Economic Reform (CRCE Briefing Paper)", Centre for Research into Post Communist Economies, 2010
- With Patrick Sookhdeo Fighting the Ideological War: Winning Strategies from Communism to Islamism, Isaac Publishing, 2012.
- Cornell Iron Works: The History of an Enduring Family Business, Cornell Iron Works, 2013.
- Is It Safe to Fly? Airport Security in the United States, Breitbart, 2016.
- "WEDDINGS;Katharine Cornell, Sebestyen Gorka". The New York Times. 1996-07-07. ISSN 0362-4331. https://www.nytimes.com/1996/07/07/style/weddings-katharine-cornell-sebestyen-gorka.html.
- "Katie Gorka". http://www.breitbart.com/author/katie-gorka/. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "About Us". Archived from the original. Template:Citation error. https://web.archive.org/web/20151118014537/http://threatknowledge.org/about/. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "Katharine Gorka: Is the U.S. Ready for ISIS?". Clare Both Luce Policy Institute. February 23, 2016. https://cblpi.org/video/is-the-u-s-ready-for-isis/.
- "Luzerne County, Pennsylvania Obituary Collection - 91". http://www.genealogybuff.com/pa/luzerne/webbbs_config.pl/noframes/read/91.
- "Mortimer Ryon's Obituary on Scranton Times". http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetimes-tribune/obituary.aspx?n=mortimer-ryon&pid=173340928&fhid=7872.
- "Our Story". http://www.cornellcookson.com/our-story.
- Gorka, Katharine Cornell (2013-05-04) (in en). Cornell Iron Works: The History of an Enduring Family Business. Cornell Iron Works, Incorporated. ISBN 9780615793498. https://books.google.com/books?id=aGfwnAEACAAJ.
- "J. B. & W. W. Cornell". http://www.waltergrutchfield.net/cornell.htm.
- "Ted Cruz Announces National Security Coalition | Ted Cruz for Senate" (in en-US). https://www.tedcruz.org/news/ted-cruz-announces-national-security-coalition/.
- "VIDEO: Cruz National Security Adviser: Terrorism Must Be Fought at a Local Level - Gretawire" (in en-US). http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/video/video-cruz-national-security-adviser-terrorism-must-be-fought-at-a-local-level/.
- Emmons, Alex (30 November 2016). "Anti-Muslim Activist Katharine Gorka Named to Homeland Security Transition Team". https://theintercept.com/2016/11/30/katie-gorka-trump/. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- Gorka, Katharine. "Drowning the Tiger: The Failure of Hungarian Economic Reform (CRCE Briefing Paper)". Centre for Research into Post Communist Economies. https://www.amazon.com/Drowning-Tiger-Hungarian-Economic-Briefing/dp/0948027606. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- Sookhdeo, Patrick (Ed.); Gorka, Katharine (Ed.) (May 21, 2012). Fighting the Ideological War: Winning Strategies from Communism to Islamism. Isaac Publishing. ISBN 978-0985310905. https://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Ideological-War-Strategies-Communism/dp/0985310901. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- Gorka, Katharine (2013). Cornell Iron Works: The History of an Enduring Family Business. Cornell Iron Works. ISBN 9780615793498. https://www.amazon.com/Cornell-Iron-Works-Enduring-Business/dp/0615793495. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- Eli Stokols, Bryan Bender and Michael Crowley. "The husband-and-wife team driving Trump's national security policy". Politico. http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-national-security-gorka-234950. Retrieved 23 June 2017.