- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 23 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kaustubh_Marathe. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kaustubh_Marathe, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kaustubh_Marathe. If the page name here has changed, please see Wikipedia:Kaustubh Marathe, Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kaustubh Marathe, and Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kaustubh Marathe instead.
|Residence||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Alma mater||Chintaman Rao College of Commerce|
|Known for||Marathe Jewellers|
|Spouse(s)||Manjiri Marathe (née Purandare)|
Kaustubh Marathe is an Indian jeweler and businessman. He is the co-owner of Marathe Jewellers, a jewelry brand located in Pune, Maharashtra. He along with his brother, Milind Marathe founded the jewelry brand in 2012.
Marathe was born into the aristocratic and illustrious, Chitpavan brahmin Marathe family of Miraj and Sangli. The family has ancestral ties with the textile industry in Maharashtra. His mother is daughter of the late Laxman Vasudev "Nanakaka" Gadgil and the niece of the late Anant "Dajikaka" Gadgil, the founders of P N GADGIL & Co. in Pune . Through his mother, he is a known 3rd cousin of the current chairman of PNG Jewellers, Saurabh Gadgil. He is also a known 3rd cousin of music director Mandar Agashe (3rd cousin, once removed of his son, Adi Agashé), cricketer Ashutosh Agashe and actress Sheetal Agashe.
Marathe was educated at Chintaman Rao College of Commerce in Sangli which he graduated in 1988.
Marathe is married to Manjiri Marathe (née Purandare). They have one son together.
Marathe and his brother started working under his maternal uncle Rajabhau Gadgil at PNG Gems and Jewellery in Pune, in 1997. Under his guidance, they started off trading in diamond business and diamond articles for regular trade.
In 2012, the brothers left PNG and started their own store, Marathe Jewellers, located on Laxmi Road. Their business venture received positive response. As of 2015, they had two stores — one on Laxmi Road and the other on Paud Road. In 2016, they launched their third store, also on Laxmi Road. The store is 6,250 sq. ft. in area, and is state-of-the -art.
- "OF KARATS & Kings! : MagnaMags". http://magnamags.com/citadel/of-karats-kings/6718.
- "Jewels of the Town! : MagnaMags". http://magnamags.com/citadel/jewels-of-the-town/10644.
- Team. "Singers -kokanastha.com". http://www.kokanastha.com/htm/singers.htm.
- "Manjiri and Kaustubh Marathe at the opening ceremony of third retail store of diamond jewellery brand Marathe Jewellers, popularly known as MJ.". http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/events/pune/marathe-jewellers-3rd-store-opening/articleshow/22433298.cms.