Keith Black (businessman)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 13 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Keith_Black_(businessman). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Keith_Black_(businessman), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Keith_Black_(businessman).
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2019)
Keith Joseph Black|
Template:Birth year and age
|Known for||Founder of Regatta|
|Net worth||£180 million|
In 1978, Lionel Black bought Risol Trading, a London-based retailer of army surplus clothing. When the company ran short of surplus army stock, Lionel Black started sourcing apparel from China and received a shipment of waterproof jackets with the name Regatta on. Bringing his son, Keith, and daughter, Joanne, into the business, they collectively founded Regatta.
In 2014, Black became CEO and chairman of the company, replacing his father.
Black and his family retain a 95 percent stake in the business.
Based in Urmston, Greater Manchester, Black has a sister who is also active in the business.
- "Keith Joseph BLACK - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)" (in en). https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/UKY5QqYKe1Y79gnTZoKCwqsO3qU/appointments.
- "Login". https://login.thesundaytimes.co.uk/?gotoUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ffeatures.thesundaytimes.co.uk%2Frichlist%2Fview%2Fgroup6%2F1%2Frank%2F-%2Fblack.
- Greer, Stuart (2018-04-02). "How Manchester's Regatta Group flourished into a mountainous empire". https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/business-news/small-company-tapped-britains-growing-14483127.
- Ltd, Insider Media. "Bumper dividend payout at family-owned Regatta" (in en). https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/bumper-dividend-payout-at-family-owned-regatta.
- McGregor, Kirsty. "Regatta MD moves up ranks of family business" (in en). https://www.drapersonline.com/news/regatta-md-moves-up-ranks-of-family-business/5062394.article.