- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 6 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kenneth_Mejia. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kenneth_Mejia, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kenneth_Mejia.
Kenneth Mejia (born 1991) is an American politician, public accountant, and the candidate of the California Green Party, a U.S. progressive political party, for the California's 34th congressional district special election in 2017. Currently the candidate is seeking to be the youngest member of Congress.
Mejia was a write-in candidate during the 2016 election, and is one of twenty-three running for the April 4, 2017 special election. Mejia was endorsed by the 2016 Presidential Green Party candidate Dr. Jill Stein of Massachusetts and the Los Angeles County chapter of his party. As with all Green Party candidates, he has pledged to not take money from large corporations, with his campaign donations from individuals averaging $34.
Mejia has been a self-proclaimed supporter of Senator Bernie Sanders and has worked as a community organizer, was enrolled in the Air Force Officer Training Corps, and was previously Vice President of Woodbury University’s Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO) and the Society of Accounting and Business (SAB). He claims Sanders inspired him to get involved in politics during Sanders' 2016 campaign, and he long desired to help people like his mother, a long time nurse who was battling cancer, as well as other working-class and struggling people in the LA community. Mejia is seeking to become the youngest member of Congress.
- Kenneth Mejia Campaign
- Official certified CD - 34 U.S. Representatives District candiates, California Secretary of State February 2017.
- "Kenneth Mejia for Congress" Green Party of the United States March 7, 2017
- Kenneth Mejia, Ballotpedia
- Continuing Our Revolution in Los Angele Biography, Crowdpac Online