- This article was proposed for deletion at Wikipedia on April 18 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kirsty_Crawford. The reason for the article's deletion was: "No apparent notability, can't find significant independent coverage of the topic. The article has no inline citations and has possibly original research and dated information ‐ potential for BLP issues.".
Kirsty Crawford (born 25 November 1983) is a vocalist originally from Glasgow, United Kingdom. Kirsty deferred a place at Medical School after finding success on ITV's Pop Idol in 2003, after which she signed a contract for a solo project, writing and recording material with Mark Goldenberg (L.A.), Aerostorm (UK), Tommy Rando and Hannan & Hannan (AU).
During 2006 and 2007, Crawford supported Alan Fletcher - a.k.a. Dr. Karl Kennedy - and his band Waiting Room with her original material. Her original music was predominantly guitar based.
During 2008, Kirsty took time out to study vocals and music at The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance. Currently, she hosts Rockaoke, live rock-band karaoke and has performed on stage alongside James Corden, Melanie Chisholm, Peter Andre and Chris Moyles.
In March 2010, Kirsty performed the role of Maureen in the musical RENT at the Welwyn Garden City's Campus West Theatre. In addition to performing, she has recently launched her own design company 'Splat and Sparkle'.
She is engaged to drummer Lee Newell who played drums for metal act Sacred Mother Tongue.
In 2012, Kirsty and Rockaoke toured with Chris Moyles on his farewell tour upon departure from his breakfast show at BBC Radio 1. Despite an ongoing battle with stage fright, she took to the stage and performed Proud Mary on the final show at Kentish Town Forum.
In 2013, Kirsty auditioned for The Voice UK but failed to advance due to no chair turning.
- Happy Xmas (War is Over) - The Idols (Dec 2003)
- Every Now & Then (pending)
- Kirsty Crawford Official myspace
- Rockaoke Website
- The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance
- Template:IMDb name