- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 15 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kooapps. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kooapps, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kooapps.
Kooapps is an independent mobile game design and development studio based in Seattle, Washington, with branches in the Philippines and Taiwan. Founded in 2008, Kooapps has released more than 30 games.
Kooapps was founded in 2008 by owner and CEO Chun-Kai Wang. The name "Kooapps" comes from "Cool Apps". In 2009 and 2013, Kooapps opened its Philippines and Taiwan offices, respectively. Kooapps started with casual games like Suzie's Sushi House, Amy's Froyo, Cartoon Roach and Snail Race.
In 2011, Kooapps released their house building simulation game, Pocket Family. In 2013, Kooapps released Pictoword. Kooapps also released Plexiword, a word puzzle game, and Save the Cave, a tower defense game during this year. In 2014, Kooapps released Light This Up, a puzzle game where players connect the right amount of electrical components to light a bulb. Light This Up won Best Edutainment and Innovative Awards in the 2014 Philippine Game Festival Awards. In 2015, Kooapps went to Tokyo Game Show as one of the Philippine representatives in the event.
Currently Kooapps has 9 active games.
|2009||Sonata (Previously iLuvMozart)||iOS|
|2011||Pocket Family: My Fun Dream House||iOS|
|2012||Fortune Panda 2||iOS|
|Island Escape: Impossible Ways to Die||iOS|
|Pictoword: Word Guessing Games||Android|
|2014||Light This Up||iOS|
|Blackjack Casino 2: Double Down for 21||iOS|
|2015||Save the Cave: Tower Defense||Android|
- "Kooapp's Chun-Kai Wang on making casual games while being inspired by Dragon Ball and Naruto". http://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/21775/kooapps-chun-kai-wang-on-making-casual-games-while-being-inspired-by-dragon-ball-and-naruto/.
- "Kooapps - Development Talk - Sirus Gaming" (in en-US). 2015-08-28. http://sirusgaming.info/dev-talk-kooapps/.
- "Pocket Family A Fun Way To Build Your House iPhone Game | Review" (in en-US). 2016-03-03. https://www.techwibe.com/pocket-family-game/.
- "Save the Cave" (in en-US). 2015-06-28. http://mangotron.com/indie-games-save-cave/.
- "Philippine Game Festival 2014 Industry Winners and Finalists". https://www.facebook.com/notes/gdap/philippine-game-festival-2014-industry-winners-and-finalists/755694084477411/.