LED Eco Lights
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 30 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:LED_Eco_Lights. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/LED_Eco_Lights, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/LED_Eco_Lights.
LED Eco Lights is a British manufacturer and supplier of retrofit LED lighting technology. They specialise in LED lamps and luminaires. The company's headquarters is in Camberley, Surrey and they also have an office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. They have two brands Goodlight, a range of LED solutions for business-to-business and Bright Goods, a range of antique-style, decorative filament LED lamps for consumers, hospitality and retail environments.
The company's Goodlight range of LED lamps include high bays, low bays, panels, downlights, spotlights, tubes, CFL replacements, SON replacements, 2D and street lights. The LED lamps are suitable for commercial, industrial, retail, leisure and amenity buildings.
Their Bright Goods range of antique-style filament LED lamps include classic GLS, pear shapes, globes, tubes, candles and mirrored R63 lamps. The brand, Bright Goods, was founded in early 2015 and was launched at the Retail Design Expo which took place in Olympia in March 2015.
- 1 History
- 2 Awards and Nominations
- 3 Installation Projects
- 4 External links
- 5 References
LED Eco Lights was founded ten years ago in 2006 by directors, Waq Bhatti and Saima Shafi, who had a passion to provide simple, energy-efficient, retrofit solutions to traditional lighting. They won an exclusive contract with Pets Corner  in 2011, after a successful trial period, which led to the installation of Goodlight LED lamps into all UK stores.
In 2013, LED Eco Lights won 'Most Innovative Lighting Product' by The Electrical Industry Awards  for their Goodlight G-Sense 2D Lamp which was also voted 'Best Retrofit' by Lux Magazine. Other shortlistings include 'Project of the Year (Electrical, Lighting)' and 'The Energy and Carbon Saving Award' for their British Airways World Cargo installation.
At the beginning of 2014, LED Eco Lights announced that it had opened an office in Dubai.
The company has was selected as a finalist for the 'Energy Efficient Product of the Year (Lighting) Award' by The Energy Awards in December 2014. In September 2014. It was also selected as a finalist for the 'Project of the Year 2014 Award' by The Electrical Industry Awards for their installation of LED T8 Tube Lights into Jaguar Land Rover's Solihull Plant Production. Their website was shortlisted in the same year for 'Best Supplier Website' by The Electrical Wholesaler Awards.
In October 2015, LED Eco Lights were chosen to be the only LED lighting manufacturer to take part in the BBC One series of DIY SOS: The Big Build, Military Veterans Special, with Nick Knowles and his team, where hundreds of their Goodlight LED lamps were donated into the war veterans homes. The show aired on Wednesday 14 October 2015 and concluded on Wednesday 21 October 2015.
LED Eco Lights celebrated their 10 Year Anniversary since launching in 2006. Their celebrations included new products, appearances at exhibitions, giveaways and staff events. In March 2016, their Goodlight G360 LED SON Replacement Lamp was short-listed as finalist for the 'Energy Efficiency Product Innovation Award' by Edie's Environment & Energy Awards 2016.
The company won the 'UK Corporate Excellence 2016' award by Wealth and Finance International in October 2016.
The launch of their newest product, the G5 LED Batten luminaire, to replace traditional fluorescent twin tube fixtures through a dramatic video. Since the G5's launch, LED Eco Lights has been nominated for two awards - 'Lighting Product' by FX International Interior Design Awards and 'Marketing Initiative of the Year' by The Electrical Industry Awards.
Awards and Nominations
|2016||LED Eco Lights||UK Corporate Excellence 2016||Template:Won|
FX International Interior Design Awards
|2016||Goodlight G5 LED Batten||Lighting Product||Template:Shortlisted|
The Electrical Industry Awards
|2013||Goodlight G-Sense 2D LED Lamp||Most Innovative Product||Template:Won|
|2013||British Airways World Cargo Installation||Energy and Carbon Saving Award||Template:Shortlisted|
|2013||British Airways World Cargo Installation||Project of the Year 2013 (Electrical, Lighting)||Template:Shortlisted|
|2014||Jaguar Land Rover Paint Shop Production LED Lighting Installation||Project of the Year 2014 (Electrical, Lighting)||Template:Shortlisted|
|2016||Goodlight G5 LED Batten||Marketing Initiative of the Year||Template:Shortlisted|
The Energy Awards
|2014||Goodlight G360 LED SON Replacement Lamp||Energy Efficient Product of the Year 2014||Template:Shortlisted|
The Electrical Wholesaler Awards
|2014||LED Eco Lights Website||Best Supplier Website||Template:Shortlisted|
Lux Magazine (a vanity award)
|2013||Goodlight G-Sense 2D LED Lamp||Best Retrofit||Template:Shortlisted|
LED Eco Lights have supplied their lighting products to various organisations including Pets Corner, British Airways, Heathrow Airport, London Fire Brigade, NHS Hospitals, Norton Rose, Economist Office, Langley Leisure Centre, Malta Basketball Association, Winterbotham Darby and have just completed their 4,000th UK installation 
|2010||Trade Team Distribution|
|2010||High Wycombe Leisure Centre|
|2010||High Wycombe Car Park|
|2010||The Pen Shop|
|2010||Crawley Town Centre Car Park|
|2010||Industrial Site (Water Processing)|
|2011||London Fire Brigade|
|2011||Central & Cecil Housing Trust|
|2011||British Airways World Cargo|
|2011||Hopwells Distribution Centre|
|2011||Montem Leisure Centre|
|2012||The Mall, Cribbs Causeway|
|2012||Royal Surrey County Hospital|
|2012||Norton Rose Fulbright|
|2012||Funky Pigeon Retail Store|
|2013||Langley Leisure Centre|
|2013||BAA Heathrow London Airport|
|2013||Jaguar Land Rover Solihull|
|2014||Malta Basketball Association|
|2014||Japan Tobacco International|
- Pope, Neil. "LED Eco Lights wins exclusive Pets Corner contract". Neil Pope. http://www.petproductmarketing.co.uk/content.php?sid=466. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- "Eco LEDs Light The Way". The Green Organisation. http://www.thegreenorganisation.info/eco-leds-light-the-way/. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Goodlight 2D Retrofit Lamp Scoops Innovation Award". http://specificationonline.co.uk/news-article/5481/led-eco-lights-goodlight-d-retrofit-lamp-scoops-innovation-award. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "British Airways gets 60% energy cuts thanks to LED high bays". http://www.pfmonthenet.net/article/60063/BA-gets-60--energy-cut-thanks-to-Goodlight-Retrofit-LED-high-bays.aspx. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "LED Eco Lights Expands Into Gulf Region with Exclusive Distributor". http://www.pfmonthenet.net/article/74115/LED-ECO-Lights-expands-into-Gulf-Region-with-exclusive-distributor.aspx. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Electrical Wholesaler Awards 2014 Shortlist". http://awards.ewnews.co.uk/2014-awards-shortlist/. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Goodlight Joins Forces With DIY SOS". http://luxreview.com/article/2015/10/goodlight-joins-forces-with-diy-sos. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- Briggs, Fiona. "LED Eco Lights Completes Its 4,000th UK Installation". http://www.retailtimes.co.uk/led-eco-lights-completes-4000th-uk-installation/. Retrieved 16 June 2014.