- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 4 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Laura_Lam. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Laura_Lam, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Laura_Lam.
Laura Lam is a British (expatriate American) speculative fiction author, who lives in Scotland. Her debut novel Pantomime was well received, winning the Bisexual Book Award for Speculative Fiction in 2014 at an event organised by the Bi Writers Association to increase awareness of bisexual books.
In July 2014 Lam was offered a "six-figure" two book deal with Tor Books, for the full world English language rights to False Hearts and an untitled novel. Subsequently the Italian and German rights were taken up, by Fanucci Editore and Heyne Verlag respectively.
Pantomime published in 2013 is a young adult novel telling the story of an intersex character, Iphigenia, and Micah Grey, who has run away from home to join the circus.
It appeared on reading lists promoted by the American Library Association on their 2014 Rainbow List, and the Scottish Book Trust as their "Teens Book of the Month" in May 2014. In 2014 it was also nominated for the British Fantasy Society book awards.
Micah Grey, a runaway living on the streets, joins the circus as an aerialist’s apprentice and soon becomes the circus’s rising star.
- Pantomime (February 2013) Strange Chemistry
- Shadowplay (January 2014) Strange Chemistry
- Masqurade (forthcoming)
The Vestigial Tales are a collection of short stories and novellas set in the world of the Micah Grey series. All can be read as standalone stories.
- The Snake Charm (June 2014) Penglass Publishing
- The Fisherman's Net (July 2014) Penglass Publishing
- The Tarot Reader (August 2014) Penglass Publishing
- The Card Sharp (September 2014) Penglass Publishing
Raised in Mana’s Hearth, a retreat that’s closed off from the rest of society; denied access to technology or modern medicine, twin sisters Taema and Tila dream of a life beyond the walls of the compound.
- False Hearts (forthcoming, 2016) Tor/Macmillan
"They Swim Through Sunset Seas" (2014) Solaris Rising 3, edited by Ian Whates
"The Lioness" (March, 2015) Cranky Ladies of History anthology, edited by Tehani Wessely and Tansy Rayner Roberts
- https://staticsplit.wordpress.com/ Lam became a British citizen in September 2014