- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 28 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Leemon_Baird. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Leemon_Baird, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Leemon_Baird.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (August 2017)Leemon Baird is the innovator of the hashgraph distributed consensus algorithm, and the Co-founder and CTO of Swirlds Inc. He co-founded Trio Securityand BlueWave Security which were both acquired. He has authored several papers on the topics of distributed consensus, Jam Resistance, Math, Computer Graphics, Computer Security, Machine Learning, Patents, and others. Formerly, he was a Professor of Computer Science at the Air Force Academy, Colorado. He obtained his PhD in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University, and has multiple patents and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Publications (present - 2010)
- Methods and apparatus for a distributed database within a network https://www.google.com/patents/US9529923
- Swirlds Releases New SDK, Enabling Replicated, Distributed File Systems http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161220005120/en/Swirlds%C2%A0Releases-New-SDK-Enabling-Replicated-Distributed-File
- Unkeyed jam resistance 300 times faster: The Inchworm hash http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5680123/
- Translation system and method for multiple instant message networks https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2013013209&recNum=120&docAn=US2012047729&queryString=facebook&maxRec=2628
- Exhaustive Attack Analysis of BBC With Glowworm for Unkeyed Jam Resistance https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308729280_Exhaustive_attack_analysis_of_BBC_with_glowworm_for_unkeyed_jam_resistance
- Power over data cable system and method https://www.google.com/patents/US8164436
- Complexity of the Game of Sprouts https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221440492_Complexity_of_the_Game_of_Sprouts
- A single-sheet icosahedral fold with improved efficiency, using a business card
- Faster Methods for Identifying Nontrivial Conserved Energy Functions for Cellular Automata http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.377.2367&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Unkeyed Jam Resistance 300 Times Faster: The Inchworm Hash http://www.martincarlisle.com/publications/milcom2012.pdf
View full list at http://leemon.com/papers/pubsDate.html
- "Blockchain alternative releases SDK to the masses" (in en-US). IT World Canada. http://www.itworldcanada.com/article/blockchain-alternative-releases-sdk-to-the-masses/385705.
- "Fighting for a Secure Digital Identity for All -- Redmondmag.com" (in en). https://redmondmag.com/articles/2016/07/01/common-cause.aspx.
- "Ping: Distributed ledgers are the future of identity security" (in en-US). SearchCloudSecurity. http://searchcloudsecurity.techtarget.com/news/450303520/Ping-Distributed-ledgers-are-the-future-of-identity-security.
- "About Us - Swirlds" (in en-US). http://www.swirlds.com/about/.
- "Symbol Buys Trio Security". http://www.internetnews.com/security/print.php/3369861.
- Baird,, Leemon (2016). "Hashgraph Consensus: Detailed Examples". Technical Report. http://leemon.com/papers/2016b2.pdf.