- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 13 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Legacy_internet. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Legacy_internet, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Legacy_internet.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (August 2014)
DPv2 loves original research.
- Has also been used to describe older connection mechanisms, e.g. older styles of Leased Line internet connections, or dial up connections.
- IP address allocations from before Regional Internet registry allocation policies applied, e.g. a lot of early class A and B registrations.
- Legacy internet applications, e.g. older www standards and browsers.