List of Power Rangers Dino Thunder characters
Original short description: "Wikipedia list article"
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 7 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:List_of_Power_Rangers_Dino_Thunder_characters. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_Power_Rangers_Dino_Thunder_characters, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_Power_Rangers_Dino_Thunder_characters.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Template:Overly detailed Template:Cleanup-tense Power Rangers Dino Thunder is the 2004 season of Power Rangers that tells the story of the fight between the Dino Rangers and the evil Mesogog who wishes to bring the Earth back to the age of the dinosaurs.
- 1 Dino Rangers
- 2 Allies
- 3 Antagonists
- 4 Notes
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The Dino Rangers transform by drawing power from their respective Dino Gems, which enable them to transform into Power Rangers. They use their abilities to battle the villain Mesogog. When they say "Super Dino Mode", the Power Rangers tap into the power of the dinosaurs, gaining spikes on their suits and, in the case of Kira, wings. Each Dino Gem has a special power; red is speed; blue is armor; yellow is hyper screeching; black and white are similar, being invisibility and camouflage.
Conner finds the Red Dino Gem when he, Kira Ford, and Ethan James are in detention after he had been caught for truancy on the school's soccer field by Principal Randall. Dr. Oliver tells them that if they find anything prehistoric, he will cancel detention for the rest of the week. He picks up the Red Dino Gem, while Kira and Ethan pick up the Yellow and Blue ones. The Red Dino Gem bonds with his DNA, giving him the ability of super-speed. After that, Kira is kidnapped by Mesogog, which forces Conner and Ethan to tell Tommy that they had taken the Dino Gems. Kira escapes from Mesogog's lab and meets up with Conner, Ethan, and Tommy. Later, the Dinozords are wreaking havoc on the city. Tommy then gives the Red Dino Morpher to Conner, while he gives the yellow and blue morphers to Kira and Ethan. He becomes the Red Dino Ranger and tames the Tyrannozord. As the Red Ranger, he controls the Tyrannozord, as well as wielding the Tyranno Staff and Thundermax Saber during combat.
Conner's main interest is playing soccer, playing at Reefside High School and on a local club team, and he aspires to be a famous soccer star. He is revealed to be a womanizer, and is constantly labelled a "dumb jock" by his fellow Ranger, Ethan James, with whom he shared a mild rivalry earlier on in the season. At first, he appears to fit the stereotype as he comes off as hot-headed and arrogant, but he is actually a very well-meaning and honest person who always does the right thing in the end, despite his faults. Around the time his relationship with Ethan become friendlier, Trent Fernandez gains the White Ranger powers. Conner quickly develops an intense rivalry with Trent. At first, the two are on opposing sides and engage in raging fights with each other. Even after Trent joins the team, Conner is still very distrusting and uncomfortable around him, until Trent saves his life during a battle with a monster.
Conner occasionally doubts himself as a Ranger and thinks about quitting on two occasions. Tommy Oliver, the Black Dino Ranger, is the only one who appears to see Conner's potential and tries to groom him into a leadership role throughout the series. Conner and Tommy share the leadership role, and Tommy, despite being the mentor and most skilled, sometimes holds back to allow Conner to take the spotlight. Conner also assumes the leadership role whenever Tommy is not in battle.
Conner would join forces with other Rangers on at least three occasions, two of them with the S.P.D. B-Squad, encounters in which he fought alongside Jack Landors. While still a Ranger dealing with the threat of Zeltrax, he and his teammates were joined by the Rangers of the future in order to battle their time-traveling nemesis Emperor Gruumm. Later Conner, Ethan, and Kira would be pulled into the future by S.P.D. foe Broodwing, who sought to employ their powers in defeating his Ranger enemies, but Conner and his teammates joined forces with them. His memories of both these encounters were later erased; subsequently he would regain his powers again by Sentinel Knight and take part in the finale of Power Rangers Super Megaforce, though without removing his helmet. Conner is set to appear in Power Rangers Beast Morphers. Template:Efn
Ethan is a skilled hacker and computer expert at Reefside High School, whose pranks get him in trouble with Principal Randall. While serving detention with Conner McKnight and Kira Ford under the new science teacher, Dr. Thomas Oliver, Ethan finds a Dino Gem and gains superhuman powers, including superhuman strength and the ability to make his skin impenetrable. Eventually, he also learns how to morph into the Blue Dino Ranger. He has a brother/sister relationship with Kira whom he hangs with more than Conner. He controls the Tricerazord (and for a short time the Stegazord), and uses the Tricera Shield. He also pilots the Mezodon Megazord in its final battle. He is the third Dino Ranger to unlock his Super Dino Mode. He unlocks it during a battle with the White Drago Ranger. Trent has defeated Kira and is on the verge of killing her, when Ethan and Conner go into Super Dino Mode and defeat him.
When the Dino Rangers joined forces with the time-traveling B-Squad, Ethan joined forces with fellow Blue Ranger Sky Tate and Green Ranger Bridge Carson. He would later team up with them again after being pulled into the future by Broodwing alongside Kira and Conner; on both occasions his memory was later erased to avoid contaminating the timeline. He would later regain his powers again by Sentinel Knight and join the veteran Ranger army in their final battle with the Warstar Armada. Ethan is set to appear in Power Rangers Beast Morphers.
Ethan is the group techy, often found online or playing video games, but he is also very smart and sarcastic, and isn't afraid to stand up for himself when pushed.
Kira Ford, played by Emma Lahana, is the main female protagonist and the Yellow Dino Ranger. She is a student and musician at Reefside High School where her musical activity in the first episode got her in trouble with Principal Randall.
Kira is determined to prove herself as an individual, and hides her femininity and insecurity behind a facade of toughness. She dresses in her own, carefully cultivated neo punk style. She is a talented singer and guitarist, playing the guitar as the front person to her own band. Kira uses her biting wit to hide her real emotions, except in her music, which reveals her passion and sensitivity. She is caring and funny, but does not always apply herself to her schoolwork, except in creative writing, at which she excels. A romance between Kira Ford and fellow Dino Ranger Trent Mercer was hinted at during the series, but never fully realized.
Of all the Dino Rangers, Kira had the most encounters with other teams of Rangers. Like her teammates she twice fought alongside Space Patrol Delta, teaming up with fellow Yellow Ranger Z and Pink Ranger Syd. Her memories of these encounters was subsequently erased, but she would later team up with Blue Ninja Ranger Tori Hanson and S.P.D. Ranger Bridge Carson again when they were selected-along with Black Ranger Adam Park, and Green Mystic Ranger Xander Bly by the Sentinel Knight to help the Operation Overdrive Rangers, she teams up with Ronny. She later rejoined her entire team though with Dr. Oliver foregoing his Black Ranger powers in battling the Armada alongside the Megaforce Rangers. Kira is set to appear in Power Rangers Beast Morphers.
As the Yellow Dino Ranger, she controls the Pterazord, as well as wielding the Ptera Grips and Thundermax Saber in combat. She gained the power of Ptera Scream from her Dino Gem. It enables her to scream louder and higher than a normal human.
Dr. Thomas "Tommy" Oliver
Tommy Oliver (played by Jason David Frank) is the mentor of the Ranger team and also the Black Dino Ranger where he controls the Brachiozord. He works as a science teacher at Reefside High School in Reefside, California.
He was a former Power Ranger from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers through Power Rangers Turbo, serving as Green Ranger, White Ranger, Zeo Ranger V Red, and the first Red Turbo Ranger. His Dino Gem grants him the power of invisibility.
Trent Fernandez (commonly referred to as Trent Mercer) is the White Dino Ranger. He was played by Jeffrey Parazzo.
Trent was adopted by Dr. Anton Mercer when his biological parents were killed in an archaeological cave-in. Although he considers Dr. Mercer his father, he hyphenated his surname to keep his original surname. He works at Hayley's Cyberspace as a waiter, in order to be an artist, which he conceals from his father, due to his non understanding of artists. A romantic subplot is set up between Kira and Trent but this never goes anywhere.
Trent becomes suspicious of his father's work hours and while attempting to investigate, he ends up bonding to the white dino gem, which Mesogog had acquired to use for his own nefarious purposes. After this Trent begins transforming into the white Dino Ranger at random intervals, controlling the Dragozord and the Stegazord, he rides the White Thunder ATV, fights using the Drago sword, and can blend in with the surrounding environment when he isn't in his ranger form.
He is corrupted by the power of the white dino gem, and initially works for himself to destroy the warring factions. He contacts Zeltrax with a plan to destroy Tommy Oliver and in exchange Mesogog will die. This plan fails, and Zeltrax tells Mesogog of the deal. Mesogog, his father's alter-ego, gives him an ultimatum: he will die if he does not join him. He serves Mesogog for a time afterwards, frequently clashing with Zeltrax over who is Mesogog's number 2, until Zeltrax trashes the lab, and frames Trent for it. Being of unsound mind, he doesn't even consider that Trent is being setup, and Mesogog drains the White Ranger's powers, turning back into Trent and destroying the evil in the Dino Gem in the process, though the White Ranger power remains active. As per his father's request, he joins the other Dino Rangers, and earns their trust after he saves Tommy from Zeltrax, though he does lose their trust, after concealing the fact that Mesogog was in fact Anton Mercer his adopted father, since he knew they wouldn't trust him if they knew what he knew, and so when the big secret is revealed he becomes a pariah for concealing what they didn't need to know from them.
Trent would join his teammates in battling alongside Space Patrol Delta, teaming up with the Omega Ranger to battle the united forces of Zeltrax and Emperor Gruumm. He also joined the Ranger army in Super Megaforce to battle the Armada. Four years later when the evil Lord Draven of the Annivere dimension teams up with Madame Odius, to conquer all the dimensions, he has an evil clone robot of Tommy to capture past Rangers to make an evil clone army. Trent is one of the rangers captured. Real Tommy, Time Force Red Ranger Wes Collins, Ranger Operator Series Silver Gemma, and Dino Charge Blue Ranger Koda, are able to break free the captured rangers. Trent and the nine other past rangers team up with the Ninja Steel Rangers to defeat Lord Draven and save the dimensions.
Hayley Ziktor (Ismay Johnston) is the manager of Cyberspace Cafe and a technical advisor to the Rangers. She is a graduate of the MIT. According to various casting sheets, Hayley's last name is "Ziktor", linking her to Grimlord from VR Troopers, since she was (apparently) supposed to be his younger sister, according to people involved with running the show, her last scene in Dino Thunder's finale would have introduced her girlfriend, but given the timeslot, and American opinions on gay people at the time, this was left out. She went to college with Tommy.
She seeks to reveal the identities of the Power Rangers. She started her quest to reveal their identities after they first appeared in Reefside.
Cassidy and Devin finally discovered the Rangers identities in the finale by taping a video tape of the Rangers morphing and fighting in their last battle with Mesogog. When she and Devin were done with the tape, she decided not to show the tape to the people because "she couldn't ruin their lives just to make hers better" and gave the tape to the Rangers instead.
Devin Del Valle
Devin Del Valle (Tom Hern) is Cassidy's sidekick and personal assistant, first doing simple tasks for her and then becoming her camera man when her journalism career began.
When a large tree near their high school called the Tree of Life was threatened with removal, Devin chained himself to it in protest. While he was there, Zeltrax returned (after a previous defeat) to use its sap to power himself up. Zeltrax told Devin to tell the Power Rangers that he had returned. He ran to tell Cassidy, and while doing so unintentionally informed the Rangers, who were sitting unmorphed nearby.
For much of the season, Devin has a crush on Cassidy, making him willing to take much of her mistreatment. It also inspired him to attempt to sacrifice himself on her behalf. He was a part of Cassidy's attempts to expose the rangers to unwanted media attention and potential lawsuits due to property damage, caused by the megazord battles. He accidentally filmed Trent unwillingly transforming into the (then evil) White Ranger, but then forgot to take the VHS Tape out of the camera when he let his older sister use the camera to record the birth of her child, as a result his sister taped over the revealing footage. At the end of the season, he is able to film the Rangers transforming, and takes the tape to Cassidy. But first, he uses the opportunity of having her undivided attention to finally confess his feelings. She apparently returns them, as they attend the Senior Prom together.
Dr. Anton Mercer (Latham Gaines) is Trent's adoptive father, billionaire, and famous scientist. He was also the alter ego of Mesogog due to an experiment that involved dinosaur DNA and resulted in a Jekyll and Hyde relationship.
After he reverted to himself temporary, he helped Trent break free from the evil White Ranger persona and Trent promises him that he'll keep Anton's alter ego a secret.
In time, Mercer was freed from Mesogog via a potion made by Elsa and was imprisoned until the Rangers freed him. With Mesogog destroyed, Mercer was grateful to the Rangers and at the end, he and Elsa (who was reverted to a normal human being after her powers were used for Mesogog's trans-mutation cannon) went to the Reefside High School prom.
Edward Cormier (Stephen Hall) is the chief of the Reefside News. He lacks the professional courtesy of patience, and has a number of anger management problems exacerbated by the failure of a reporter that is Cassidy. After "Fighting Spirit", he is never seen or mentioned again.
Dr. Anton Mercer was on the verge of a scientific breakthrough during an experiment involving dinosaur DNA, when he was accidentally transformed into a dinosaur-like creature called Mesogog, an evil mastermind with plans to revert Earth back to the age of dinosaurs and turn the human race into reptilian creatures like himself.
Mesogog and Dr. Mercer have distinct personalities, but share the same body in a Jekyll and Hyde relationship. Each is aware of the other's existence, but also dislikes the situation. In his Mesogog form, he is equipped with cybernetic technology and psionic powers that he uses to torture his enemies or his allies when he is angry at their failures.
Dr. Anton Mercer has an adopted son, Trent Fernandez, who became the White Dino Ranger when he accidentally discovered Mesogog's lab while investigating his father's mysterious comings and goings.
In his world domination attempts, Mesogog was assisted by two servants Elsa (a normal human that was empowered by Mesogog) and Zeltrax (a cyborg whom Mesogog created from the ruined body of Tommy Oliver's former associate Terrence "Smitty" Smith). Mesogog also controls an army of cybernetic dinosaurs called Tyrannodrones which were originally created by Tommy and Anton.
He teamed up with a previous villain, Lothor when he had the Wind Ninja Rangers on his side and they gave the Dino team a serious thrashing. Mesogog was soon disgusted by his failure and they fought to determine who will remain to oppose the Dino Thunder Rangers. Mesogog won and sealed Lothor away in a jar with his psionic powers.
Eventually, Mesogog freed himself of his humanity by using a potion created by Elsa to separate out Dr. Anton Mercer. As a result, his insanity and determination increased. He also rid himself of Elsa when needing an energy supply to power his cannon. It took a bit of deception from the Rangers (using the Dino Gems as bait) to destroy the cannon and Mesogog's base. He would later reappear after the Zords were destroyed, absorbing enough energy from the Dino Gems to survive the explosion and 'evolve' into a self-replicating dinosaur-like monster known as the Mesomonster, which made him nearly invincible. He is finally killed by the Dino Rangers with a giant Tyrannosaurus of energy created from the Dino Gems. In doing so, the Rangers lose their powers for good.
Dr. Mercer survived the whole ordeal and was thankful to the Rangers at the series' end.
Mesogog appears in the Robot Chicken episode "Kramer Vs. Showgirls" voiced by Seth Green. In a "Where Are They Now" segment revolving around characters from the 90's, Mesogog works as a manager of a Wendy's.
Elsa is a servant of Mesogog and originally believed in her dream to see the world reverted to a primordial state under the control of the dinosaurs. She was originally an ordinary High school headmaster until Mesogog turned her into his evil lackey.
She loves to insult and torment friend and foe alike, including her ally Zeltrax, and seemed to be romantically interested in Tommy Oliver.
For most of the series, she hid her evil deeds behind her true identity Principal Randall, the head of Reefside High School where the rangers go to school.
After Elsa confiscated a card of the powerful Ruby Dragon monster from the card-game "Dragon Wars" from Ethan James (the Blue Ranger), Tommy entered her office on Ethan's behalf in an attempt to speak to her about getting it back, and in the process inadvertently exposed her as the evil Elsa, and to the entire class while she was fighting him outside of the high school. Before retreating, Elsa has the Rangers tell the school board that Principal Randall has resigned.
Over time, she grew to distrust Mesogog and plotted to expose him when he was the most vulnerable. She feared that he would eventually tire of her and her failures and destroy her. She even created a potion that separated Mesogog from Dr. Anton Mercer.
Mesogog decided to sacrifice the evil powers, which he had granted to Elsa in order, to help power his trans-mutation cannon. With that, she was reverted to a normal human form with no memory of who she was as Elsa by the life-force extractor. The loss of her powers also meant she was good again. At the end of the series, she attended the high school prom despite not being the headteacher anymore and not having any real reason to be there, and danced with Dr. Mercer.
Elsa was played by Miriama Smith.
Terrence "Smitty" Smith was a former associate of Tommy Oliver. After Tommy's applications were accepted by Anton Mercer, Terrence was approached by the head of a rival company. While working on a breakthrough, Terrence was caught in a sudden lab explosion and his body was found by Mesogog who recreated him as an ammonite-themed cyborg.
As Zeltrax, he is bent only on getting revenge on Tommy. During his attempts to accomplish this, he inadvertently created a clone "son" named Goldenrod. Goldenrod proved a powerful adversary to the Rangers, but was destroyed by Tommy, increasing Zeltrax's hatred of the Black Ranger.
After a second near fatal experience because of his master's plans, Zeltrax turned against Mesogog, fleeing his side and gaining a super powered form through the special underground spring that flowed beneath the Tree of Life. Using the Triptoids, Zeltrax built his giant Zelzord, which was destroyed by the self-destruction of the Rangers' zords. In the finale Zeltrax was killed fighting Tommy and Kira, who destroyed him despite his best efforts to destroy them.
In Power Rangers S.P.D., Zeltrax reluctantly joined forces with Emperor Gruumm, who had travelled back in time through a temporal wormhole, to a point in 2004 before the events of Dino Thunder's season finale. Together they fought the Dino Thunder Power Rangers and the S.P.D. B-Squad Rangers. Despite Gruumm's aid, Zeltrax was defeated before retreats by a double-team from Tommy and Anubis Cruger, the SPD Shadow Ranger.
Zeltrax was voiced by James Gaylyn while the actor for Smitty was uncredited.
White Dino Ranger (clone)
After the evil encoding of the White Dino Gem was removed by Mesogog's life-force extractor and the destruction of the mutation Copyotter, Zeltrax salvaged Copyotter's ability to create duplicates of others and used the energy in conjunction and the Geno-Randomizer to create the clone. The clone since then was included into Mesogog's ranks and has received the ability to go into Super Dino Mode like Trent.
Later on, there was a glitch in the Morphing grid, the morphing grid could not handle a duplicate of the same powers, so either Trent or the clone has to be destroyed. The clone took matters to his hands and challenges Trent for their last duel, when he met up with Trent, he instantly goes into his Super Dino Mode and they fought. Trent finally destroyed the clone forever.
The White Ranger Clone is voiced by Adam Gardiner.
These two monsters first appeared on a Japanese TV show based on the Dino Rangers as seen in "Lost and Found in Translation" In real life, Power Rangers Dino Thunder is based on the Japanese show Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger where the episode watched in the Power Rangers episode was a deliberately poorly dubbed version of an Abaranger episode, in an attempt to teach children about Super Sentai, which ended up looking like they were mocking the source material.
- One of these monsters was a blue-faced alien whose face was composed of three small faces where he also had a large crystal-like eye on his forehead, wore a pink robe, and used a paint brush to create monsters. He was voiced by Patrick Wilson.
- The other was a giant amoeba with a crystalline head with six golden horns and a large red eye who carried around a harp. He was voiced by Matthew Sutherland.
In the show, they seemed to provide comic relief as they were shown being tortured by the main villainess. The paint brush-wielding general then created Ka-Ching by painting him to life.
These two monsters made a real-life appearance in "Thunder Storm" when Lothor returned from the Abyss of Evil and brought along these two monsters that he befriended while in the Abyss of Evil. In their real-life appearance they did not speak, but were shown to wield great, destructive powers:
- The harp-carrying amoeba-themed general (referred to by writer Douglas Sloan as Pupperazi) could shoot lasers from his eye.
They joined Lothor in destroying the Ninja School (the harp carrier even shot a large hole in the side of the temple with a laser) and captured the ninja student and they joined the Storm Rangers and Kelzaks in fighting the Dino Rangers. They were last seen in Elsa and Zurgane's small army of monsters and personally fought against Shane and Connor, putting up a tough fight before being destroyed by their Battilizers.
The Tyrannodrones are Mesogog's cybernetic dinosauroid-like foot soldiers. They were originally created by Tommy and Anton through a mixture of dinosaur DNA and technology to be used for good. The Tyrannodrones became evil thanks to Mesogog reprogramming them to serve him. They are grey-black with spiked armor. They can talk, but the viewer would hear incoherent grunts and snarls.
The Triptoids are black and white foot soldiers resembling humanoid amoebas that originally came from a video game called "Wizard Wood." They were recruited by Zeltrax to serve as Mesogog's alternative foot soldiers that also worked for Zeltrax. And set to reappear in Power Rangers Beast Morphers season 2.
The monsters in this series are referred to by this name. They are adapted from the monsters that are featured in Bakuryū Sentai Abaranger. Each Mutation is created in the Geno-Randomizer by combining the DNA of an animal, the DNA of a plant, and the molecular structure of an inanimate object. When defeated, Mesogog uses the Hydro-Regenerator to make the Mutation grow.
- Birdbrain - A crow/mentha/sniper monster. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord.
- Pollenator (voiced by Alistair Browning) - A squid/osmanthus/vanish monster. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord Cephalo Mode.
- Donkeyvac (voiced by Jason Hoyte) - A donkey/pomegranate/vacuum monster. He can steal the youth of anyone. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord.
- Demagnetron (voiced by Dallas Barnett) - A diving beetle/rhododendron/magnet monster. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord.
- Dysotron (voiced by Andrew Robertt) - A giant dice-themed monster. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord.
- Goldenrod (voiced by James Gaylyn) - A clone of Zeltrax created when he used the Geno-Randomizer on himself which resulted in both of them stepping out of it. With Zeltrax treating him like his son, Goldenrod was sent by his father to target Tommy Oliver. Goldenrod was destroyed by the Black Dino Ranger which furthered Zeltrax's personal vendetta against him. He is voiced by James Gaylyn.
- Scorpex (voiced by Stephen Brunton) - A clock-themed scorpion monster in hard armor. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord Dimetro Mode.
- Megalador (voiced by Paul Barrett) - A shark/oleander/car parts monster. His flower blasts can cause allergic reactions upon anyone and can create tidal waves. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord Stego Mode.
- Creature (voiced by Carl Bland) - An lion/dandelion/bomb monster that Elsa and Zeltrax created to lure out the White Ranger. This monster was destroyed by the White Dino Ranger.
- Angor (voiced by Peter Feeney) - An anchor-themed monster. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord Parasaur Mode.
- Rojobot (voiced by Mark Wright) - A robotic meteor-themed monster. It was first a cowardly monster until it was exposed to a strange meteorite that changed its personality. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord Ankylo Mode.
- Insectolite (voiced by John Leigh) - A centipede/pansy/TV satellite monster. This monster was destroyed by the Dino Stegazord Cephalo and Dimetro Mode.
- Fossilador (voiced by Glen Drake) - A theropod skeleton monster made from the fossil remains of a project that was previously worked on by Dr. Oliver and Dr. Anton Mercer who had to dismantle it when it was out of their control. Using his mind-control, Fossilidor manipulated Kira to help put him back together. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord.
- Termitetron (voiced by Scott Wills) - A fly/wishing shrine/pine monster. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord.
- Ka-Ching (voiced by Greg Johnson) - A bear/mushroom/ATM monster that was featured in the Japanese show based on the Power Rangers (actually part of an episode of Abaranger). This monster was destroyed by the Z-Rex Blaster.
- Mad Mackerel (voiced by Cameron Rhodes) - Elsa used the Geno Randomizer to turn Marty the Mackerel from "The Funky Fisherman Show" into this bonito/olive/fishing rod monster. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord Ankylo and Parasaur Mode. Afterwards, Marty the Mackerel was restored.
- Copyotter (voiced by Andrew Laing) - A sea otter/green pepper/photocopier monster. His special power was the ability to copy the Rangers' weapons, attacks and even their voices. He even made three copies of Cassidy after getting into an argument with her. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord Ankylo Mode.
- White Terrorsaurus (voiced by Mark Wright) - A monster created by Zeltrax from the White Dino Ranger clone's energy. This monster was destroyed by the Triassic Ranger.
- White Terrorsaurus II (voiced by Mark Wright) - A much deadlier version of the White Terrorsaurus was recreated by the White Ranger Clone on Elsa's orders. Elsa fed the creature a crystal she mined that contained the same energy signature as the Rangers' Dino Gems, making it stronger and allowing it to drain the Dino Rangers' powers. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord.
- Other World Monster - A rhinoceros/sugar beet/psychic monster. He was created in a simulation to test the White Ranger Clone's power. This monster was easily destroyed alongside Megalador and the as-yet-unintroduced Horn-Rimmed Monster.
- Jupitor (voiced by Joel Tobeck) - A Jupiter-based robotic monster. This monster was destroyed by the Mezodon Megazord.
- Tutenhawken (voiced by Derek Judge) - A vulture/lychee/treasure box monster. When the Rangers are on a field trip, Ethan translates some Egyptian hieroglyphics which unleashes Tutenhawken's curse on him. This monster was destroyed by the Mezodon Rover.
- Thornox (voiced by Anthony Ray Parker) - A leech/gentiana/lapis lazuli monster created by Elsa from a plant that she injected with some special steroids. This monster was destroyed by the Mezodon Megazord.
- Deadwood (voiced by Andy Faulkner) - A tree monster created by Zeltrax. This monster was destroyed by the Triceramax Megazord.
- Horn-Rimmed Monster (voiced by Peter Daube) - A rat/iris/glasses monster that can cause volcanic eruptions. Elsa used the Geno Randomizer to turn a volcanologist named Dr. Norton Morton into this monster. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord Stego Mode. Afterwards, Dr. Morton was restored.
- Jade Gladiator (voiced by Geoff Dolan) - When Anton Mercer becomes Mesogog in Mercer's lab, he grabbed an experimental plant and transformed it into the Jade Gladiator. Jade Gladiator uses his botanic power to revive Deadwood and create a new monster called Skortch. This monster was destroyed by the Valkosaurus Megazord.
- Skortch (voiced by Jim McLarty) - A phoenix-like beast created by Jade Gladiator. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord.
- Squidrose (voiced by Tony Blackett) - A chameleon/balsam/pharmacy prescription monster. Elsa's Dream Machine hooked up to the Geno-Randomizer had this monster manifested into Tommy's dream after he had calamari for dinner. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord Ankylo Mode.
- Croco D'Vile (voiced by Ray Trout) - A crocodile/fatsia/telephone monster. Elsa's dream machine hooked up to the Geno-Randomizer had this monster manifested into Kira's dream after having to do a report on reptiles. Croco D'Vile tried to hit on Kira during the battle. Kira woke up after Croco D'Vile was defeated.
- Rumba Monkey (voiced by Jonathan Burgh) - A monkey/7 spring herbs/drums monster. Elsa's dream machine hooked up to the Geno-Randomizer had this monster manifested into Ethan's dream after looking at a picture of a monkey. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord. Before exploding, Rumba Monkey quoted "Rumba Monkey has left the building."
- Rude Elf (voiced by Tim Faville) - A reindeer/mistletoe monster dressed as Santa Claus. Elsa's dream machine hooked up to the Geno-Randomizer had this monster manifested into Conner's dream upon having to do early Christmas shopping with his mother. This monster was destroyed by the Triceramax Megazord.
- Fridgia (voiced by Penny Ashton) - A female ice-elemental monster made inside a comic book world that was drawn by Carson Brady upon receiving a special pen from Elsa in her guise of Principal Randall. This monster was destroyed by the Triassic Ranger's Battlizer Mode.
- Ruby Dragon (voiced by Bruce Hopkins) - A red dragon/orchard/gondola monster created by Elsa from the "Dragon Wars" Ruby Dragon card that she as Principal Randall confiscated. This monster was destroyed by the Thundersaurus and Mezodon Megazords, along with the Dino Stegazord.
- Ugly Monster (voiced by James Coleman) - With Mesogog's new found power after being separated from Anton Mercer, he creates this unnamed monster that evokes the traits of Izzy and Pupperazi to take down the Power Rangers. After being taken down, he transferred his power to the Replicant Zord. When the Replicant Zord was destroyed, the Ugly Monster appeared in giant size to fight the Megazords. This monster was destroyed by the Dino Stegazord.
- "Power Rangers Dino Thunder – Day of the Dino". DVD Talk. http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/11007/power-rangers-dino-thunder-day-of-the-dino/. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Day of the Dino".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "White Thunder"
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "A Test of Trust".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Wave Goodbye"
- Power Rangers S.P.D. episode, "Wormhole"
- Power Rangers S.P.D. episode, "History"
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Legacy of Power".
- Power Rangers Operation Overdrive episode, "Once a Ranger".
- Sisario, Ben (February 29, 2004). "FOR YOUNG VIEWERS; Those Mighty Power Rangers Just Keep on Morphing". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/29/tv/for-young-viewers-those-mighty-power-rangers-just-keep-on-morphing.html?scp=9&sq=Mighty%20Morphin%20Power%20Rangers&st=cse. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Copy That"
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "House of Cards".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Thunder Struck".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "The Passion of Conner".
- "Power Rangers Dino Thunder – Triassic Triumph". DVD Talk. http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/13644/power-rangers-dino-thunder-triassic-triumph/. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Thunder Storm"
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Bully for Ethan".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Golden Rod"
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Strange Relations".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Game On"
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Back in Black"
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Diva in Distress"
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Beneath the Surface".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Ocean Alert".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Leader of the Whack".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Burning at Both Ends".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "The Missing Bone".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Lost and Found in Translation".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "It's a Mad Mad Mackerel".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Triassic Triumph".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Fighting Spirit".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "A Ranger Exclusive".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "The Tutenhawken Curse".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Disappearing Act".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Isn't It Lava-ly".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "In Your Dreams".
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode, "Drawn Into Danger".