List of baroque pop artists
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 25 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:List_of_baroque_pop_artists. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_baroque_pop_artists, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_baroque_pop_artists.
Baroque pop is a pop and rock music subgenre which originated in the mid-1960s in the United Kingdom and United States. It originated as a fusion of early pop and rock music, specifically rock and roll, with classical music, most specifically that of the baroque and classical eras.
- The Beatles
- Florence + the MachineTemplate:Additional citation needed
- The Left Banke
- Panic! at the Disco
- Parenthetical GirlsTemplate:Additional citation needed
- Regina SpektorTemplate:Additional citation needed
- Wild Beasts
- Simmonds, Jeremy. The Encyclopedia of Dead Rock Stars: Heroin, Handguns, and Ham Sandwiches. p. 585. ISBN 1-55652-754-3. https://books.google.com/books?id=bMBf3TYZigQC&lpg=PP1&pg=PA585#v=onepage&q=baroque&f=false.
- Shaw, Andrew (1 November 2011). "MUSIC REVIEW: FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE - 'CEREMONIALS' An Album of Expanding Sounds, Themes & Soul From an Unequalled Force". Buzzine. http://www.buzzinemusic.com/reviews/music-review-florence-machine-ceremonials-11012011.
- [[[:Template:Allmusic]] "The Left Banke Biography"]. Allmusic. Template:Allmusic. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- "Baroque Pop Pioneers" "This Is Tamsworth", March 18, 2012, retrieved 18 May 2012.
- Best of the B Sides: "Hurricane". rockonphilly.com. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- Panic at the Disco – Page 1 – Music – Dallas. Dallas Observer (April 17, 2008). Retrieved on 2011-02-01.
- "Parenthetical Girls: Someone Else's Muse for 28 Days in May (Prefix Premiere)" Prefix, 2 May 2011, retrieved 6 August 2012
- Tamar Anitai "Buzzworthy Interview: Regina Spektor On Bards, Beatles And The Bronx", MTV, 28 January 2011, retrieved 23 September 2011.
- Lester, Paul (12 May 2011). "Wild Beasts – review". The Guardian (London). http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/may/12/wild-beasts-review.
- Wild Beasts : Smother | Beat Magazine