Lombardo's Function Facility
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 21 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Lombardo's_Function_Facility. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lombardo's_Function_Facility, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lombardo's_Function_Facility.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (March 2009)
Lombardo's Function Facility is a meeting and event facility established in East Boston in 1963 and now located in Randolph, Massachusetts. It is used for corporate meetings, weddings and social events.
It has won the WeddingWire Couples' Choice Award twice, and has been nominated twice for the International Special Events Society 2015 Esprit Awards.
Lombardo's opened in East Boston, Massachusetts in 1963 in above a family-owned grocery store in a space previously used for a bowling alley. In 1983, the former Chateau De Ville was purchased in Randolph and converted into a second meeting and event space. A nightclub was purchased next door to the Randolph facility.
For several years after moving, the East Boston facility continued to be operated along with the Randolph facility, but the East Boston location was closed in 2000. The Randolph facility houses one of New England’s largest crystal chandeliers. The chandelier was created in the early 1970s and measures 18 ft wide and 23 ft tall. It is a popular location for prom photos, and is visible from Interstate 93.
- "Bay State Landmark Celebrates 45 Years of Bringing Communities and Families Together" (PDF). Boston Post-Gazette. November 14, 2008. p. 3. http://www.bostonpostgazette.com/gazette_11-14--08.pdf. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- Orichuia, Nicola (June 18, 2013). "Half a Century of Magical Events at Lombardo’s". Bostoniano. http://bostoniano.info/business/century-magical-events-lombardos/. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- Lambert, Lane (November 9, 2013). "At 50, Lombardo’s looks to the future". The Patriot Ledger. http://www.patriotledger.com/article/20131109/News/311099653. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- Schworm, Peter (March 5, 2006). "Crystal clear; High-tech gleam team puts glow into Lombardo's chandelier". The Boston Globe. http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/03/05/crystal_clear/?page=2. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- Baker, Billy (May 5, 2012). "Lombardo’s chandelier still a prom tradition". The Boston Globe. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/05/05/lombardo-chandelier-still-prom-tradition/KZB2Io2ridrjSmJOM2PyRM/story.html. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Lombardo's". WeddingWire. http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/lombardos-randolph/d81ab48105722436.html. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "ISES Esprit Awards Nominees 2015" (PDF). International Special Events Society. http://www.ises.com/docs/web-pdfs/2015-ises-esprit-nominees-final-announcement.pdf?sfvrsn=2. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Lombardo’s of Randolph receives international award nominations". Randolph Herald. July 20, 2015. http://randolph.wickedlocal.com/article/20150720/NEWS/150729518. Retrieved October 22, 2015.