London Buses route 308
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 24 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:London_Buses_route_308. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/London_Buses_route_308, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/London_Buses_route_308.
Template:Use British English Template:Infobox bus line London Buses route 308 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London, England. Running between Wanstead and Clapton, it is operated by Tower Transit.
Route 308 commenced operating on 25 September 1993 between Wanstead Woodbine Place and Hackney Wick Waterden Road SD Garage via Blake Hall Road - Cann Hall Road - Forest Gate Station - Forest Lane - Water Lane - Romford Road - Stratford Station - Angel Lane - Leyton Road - Temple Mills Lane - Eastway as a Monday to Saturday service. The route was introduced to replace route 162 between Forest Gateand Wanstead. The route also introduced buses in the Temple Mills lane area. The route was initially operated by Stagecoach East London from their Stratford (SD) garage using MCW Metroriders and Optare StarRiders.
On 13 July 1996, a Sunday service was introduced.
On 4 March 2000, the route passed to First Capital operating from their Hackney (H) garage .
In July 2000, the route was converted to low floor operation using Marshall Capital bodied Dennis Dart SLFs.
In December 2007, the allocation was transferred to Lea Interchange (LI) garage.
On 4 April 2009, Caetano Nimbus bodied Dennis Dart SLFs were introduced.
In 2010, Angel Lane reopened and the route was restored to original route via Angel Lane and Leyton Road.
In March 2012, the route was retained by First London with Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 Darts introduced.
On 22 June 2013, the route was included in the sale of First London's Lea Interchange (LI) garage to Tower Transit.
In April 2015, Alexander Dennis Enviro 400s were introduced.
In 2015, the Plaxton Pointer 2 bodied Dennis Dart SLFs were withdrawn.
On 4 March 2017, the route was retained by Tower Transit and was converted to full double deck operation using MCV EvoSeti bodied Volvo B5LHs.
Route 308 operates via these primary locations:
- Wanstead Woodbine Place
- Wanstead station Template:Rail-interchange
- Wanstead Park station Template:Rail-interchange
- Forest Gate station Template:Rail-interchange
- Maryland station Template:Rail-interchange
- Stratford bus station Template:Rail-interchange for Stratford station Template:Rail-interchange (10x10px) Template:Rail-interchange Template:Rail-interchange Template:Rail-interchange Template:Rail-interchange
- Stratford City bus station Template:Rail-interchange for Stratford station Template:Rail-interchange(10x10px) Template:Rail-interchange Template:Rail-interchange Template:Rail-interchange Template:Rail-interchange
- Homerton High Street (for Homerton Station) Template:Rail-interchange
- Homerton Hospital
- Clapton Lea Bridge Road, Roundabout