Mark Wheeler (businessman)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 1 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mark_Wheeler_(businessman). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mark_Wheeler_(businessman), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mark_Wheeler_(businessman).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2012)
Template:Essay-like BLP sources
10 January 1964|
Bury St Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Chairman of MW Group|
Mark Wheeler is an entrepreneur in Singapore, CEO of MW Group, a Calibration Laboratory and Offshore Services Group.
Early life and education
Wheeler was born 10 January 1964 at Bury St Edmunds, England, Great Britain, graduated from Glyndŵr University with a National Diploma in Technology Engineering, Professional Engineering Practice Certificate from Leeds University and Master in Management Science from Sheffield Hallam University.
Wheeler embarked on a Subsea Offshore Diving career whilst a reservist with the Royal Welch Fusiliers at Hightown Barracks, Wrexham. He trained at Fort William, Fort Bovisand and Sandnes Norway, qualifying as a North Sea Saturation Diver, mentored by former US Navy - Mark I Deep Dive System (DDS Mk1), UK Clearance Divers, HMS Edinburgh and Uncle John saturation diving personnel.
He subsequently undertook worldwide subsea operations, covering NDT inspection to construction with offshore contractors Oceaneering, Comex and then Rockwater now known as Subsea 7 throughout North Sea, West Africa, Middle East, and Far East for major Oil and Gas companies such as Shell, Total S. A. and Statoil.
In 1991 Mark Wheeler started MW Group (Measurement Worldwide Group) to ensure that divers like himself could have properly calibrated equipment. He later expanded the calibration services to the offshore industry at large. MW Group's services were recognised by the US Department of Navy under NAVSEA, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) and International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) .
His entrepreneurial abilities were recognised by The Duke of York for Defence Awards, British Chamber of Commerce Winning the Small Medium Enterprise (SME) Awards and nominated Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year.
Mark Wheeler is a member of the Small and Medium Enterprise Committee of the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce
Honours and awards
- 2002 nominated for the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award 
- 2002 finalist in British Chamber of Commerce's SME Awards
- 2003 winner British Chamber of Commerce's SME Awards
- "Archived copy". http://cms.sicc.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=35#Group9.
- http://www.mwgroup.com.sg/achievement/Ernst%20&%20young.jpgTemplate:Dead link
- http://www.mwgroup.com.sg/achievement/news-inside04.jpgTemplate:Dead link
- http://www.mwgroup.com.sg/achievement/news-inside02.jpgTemplate:Dead link
- http://www.mwgroup.com.sg/achievement/news-inside03.jpgTemplate:Dead link
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-05-24. https://web.archive.org/web/20100524152155/http://www.screenbox.com.sg/currentaff.php. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- MW Group Web Site
- MW Group accredited by NAVSEA
- MW Group accredited by SAC SINGLAS
- Mark Wheeler awarded Finalist (2002) and Winner (2003) of British Business Awards
- Mark Wheeler Nominated Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year (2002)