- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 28 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mediamerx. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mediamerx, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mediamerx.
MediaMerx Inc. was an American company founded in late 2007 to deliver premium video programming on the Web, such as TV shows and movies, to the more than 130 million broadband subscribers in Latin America, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. In addition to licensing its platform to Internet service providers, MediaMerx supplies the content for the service via licensing deals with programmers. The company was a startup in New York City.
In 2008, MediaMerx struck a number of content and distribution deals before being nameds One to Watch by New Tee Vee. MediaMerx signed distribution agreements with larger media owners such as A&E Networks and Meredith Broadcasting. The company also partnered with smaller web video producers such as For Your Imagination and Tilzy TV. On the technology front, the company partnered with PeerApp, which holds the first patent for P2P caching.
In 2009, MediaMerx Inc. launched SportPass.TV, which is positioned as a global sports network that is locally relevant for every sports fan in the world. The website aggregates the best and most relevant sports videos from all over the world to meet growing demand from emerging markets. The video programming at SportPass.TV includes the latest sports highlights and interviews from sports such as cricket, tennis, hockey, racing and more.
- "Digital Dealmakers: Tejpaul Bhatia, CEO and Founder of MediaMerx". December 31, 2008. Archived from the original on 2009-01-29. https://web.archive.org/web/20090129180829/http://www.tvweek.com/talking-tv/dealmakers/2008/12/tejpaul_bhatia_ceo_and_founder.php. Retrieved 2009-04-06.
- Gannes, Liz (23 June 2008). "One to Watch: MediaMerx". GigaOm (formerly newteevee.com). http://newteevee.com/2008/06/23/one-to-watch-mediamerx.
- "MediaMerx to distribute For Your Imagination videos". For Your Imagination. 2008-06-26. http://www.foryourimagination.com/blog/2008/6/24/mediamerx-to-distribute-for-your-imagination-videos.html. Template:Broken link
- Template:Cite press release
- Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom (March 14, 2008). "The Stone Age of Video". https://www.multichannel.com/news/stone-age-video-136169. "Tejpaul Bhatia, the CEO of a company called MediaMerx, which is trying to bring reliable broadband video services to Africa and South America, figures there are only about 300 million users worldwide that are really able to connect at speeds that make video consistently watchable."
- "Sport News Field". http://www.sportpass.tv.
- http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/mediamerx-launches-sportpasstv-india Template:Dead link