- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 24 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mediaocean. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mediaocean, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mediaocean.
Mediaocean develops and provides advertising software and computing services. Its customers include advertising agencies, media owners, advertisers, broadcast sales organizations (e.g., rep firms such as Katz Media Group) and television networks (e.g., ABC, Telemundo and Univision). Agencies using Mediaocean include creative and media specialists, and independent agencies as well as members of the six major agency groups (Aegis, Havas, Interpublic, Omnicom, Publicis and WPP), serving clients like Honda, Mars, Coca-Cola, AT&T, BMW and Unilever.
The company has described its 'single, neutral and universal operating system' for the advertising industry, Mediaocean OS, as encompassing 'common standards, open platforms and universal APIs, 'to enable any agency, media seller or third party to seamlessly integrate with each other' .
Mediaocean's headquarters is in New York City, United States. Mediaocean also has offices in Canada, the UK, Germany, France, India and Ireland.
Mediaocean LLC was formed as a New York Limited Liability Corporation in March 2012.
- "Donovan Data Systems and MediaBank merge to form MediaOcean, the largest independent advertising technology company in the world". PRNewswire. September 25, 2011. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/donovan-data-systems-and-mediabank-merge-to-form-mediaocean-the-largest-independent-advertising-technology-company-in-the-world-130542253.html. Retrieved March 12, 2012. For industry comment, see "Mediaocean will open API to third-parties making Madison Avenue's 'OS' more like Silicon Valley". March 1, 2012. http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/169157/mediaocean-will-open-api-to-third-parties-making-m.html. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- "Lefkofsky's ad tech firm closes merger with rival". Chicago Tribune. March 1, 2012. http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-lefkofskys-ad-tech-firm-completes-merger-with-rival-20120301,0,6264106.story. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- Steel, Emily (September 26, 2011). "Rival ad-tech firms to become one". The Wall Street Journal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204422404576592923419587268.html. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- , http://www.lookupbook.com/profile/misc-business/ny/new-york/mediaocean-llc