- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 20 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Megaworld_Corporation. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Megaworld_Corporation, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Megaworld_Corporation.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (March 2013)
The company develops large-scale, mixed-use, planned communities incorporating residential, commercial, educational, and leisure components. In addition it provides other services such as project design, construction oversight, and property management. Among its landmark projects is Forbes Town Center, a 6-hectare commercial and residential district in Fort Bonifacio, Metro Manila. Another project by Megaworld is the 45-storey Petron Megaplaza office skyscraper, which was the tallest building in the country upon its completion in 1998 and the 50-hectare McKinley Hill which is by far the biggest.
Megaworld Properties & Holdings Inc. was founded by Andrew Tan and incorporated under Philippine law on August 24, 1989, primarily aimed at engaging in real estate development, leasing, and marketing. In 1994, it spun off Empire East Land Holdings Inc., which focused on the middle income market. It was converted to a public company on June 15, 1994. On August 19, 1999, the company changed its name to Megaworld Corporation in line with its conversion from a purely real estate company to a holding company, though the company's core focus continues to be on real estate.
Andrew Tan has served as Chairman of the Board and President of the company since its incorporation in 1989.
Trademark dispute with Donald Trump
In 2007, Megaworld renamed a high-rise condominium project formerly called "The Trumps" into "One Central" after American real estate magnate Donald Trump threatened legal action over the name, saying the name "Trump" is unmistakably associated with him.
- Global-Estate Resorts, Inc.
- Strategic Landbank Management
- Metro Manila - Eastwood City, Newport City, Woodside City, Uptown Bonifacio, McKinley Hill, McKinley West
- Calabarzon - Southwoods City
- Visayas - Iloilo Business Park, The Mactan Newtown, The Upper East
- Mindanao - Davao Park District
- "Megaworld Corporation". Philippine Stock Exchange. http://www.pse.org.ph/html/ListedCompanies/listedcompanyinfo.jsp?compID=127&recCtr=17&srch=M. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "Petron Megaplaza, Makati". Emporis. http://www.emporis.com/application/?nav=building&lng=3&id=petronmegaplaza-makati-philippines. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "Megaworld Annual Report 2008". Megaworld Corporation. http://www.megaworldcorp.com/investor-relations/megaworld-annual-report-2008.pdf. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "Trump vs Trump: RP real estate firm takes on the Donald". The Philippine Star. 8 December 2008. http://www.philstar.com/news-feature/32157/trump-vs-trump-rp-real-estate-firm-takes-donald. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Megaworld loses Trump brand case". BusinessWorld. 22 May 2012. http://www.bworldonline.com/content.php?section=3&title=Megaworld-loses-Trump-brand-case&id=52183. Retrieved 28 August 2015.