- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 8 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Michael_Pagnotta. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Michael_Pagnotta, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Michael_Pagnotta.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Advertising? BLP sources
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2008)
Michael Pagnotta is a veteran entertainment publicist, music supervisor and artist manager.
He is perhaps best known as the former longtime spokesman and media advisor to Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, the mary-kateandashley brand and their company, Dualstar Entertainment Group. His exclusive representation of the Olsens and their various business endeavors lasted for the better part of thirteen years, from 1993 until January 2006 when Pagnotta and Dualstar parted ways. He has been widely quoted on teen and preteen marketing and media issues.
Pagnotta founded Reach Media Relations, Inc., a New York City- based media and marketing firm, in November 1990, following brief stints at The Peter Max Studio, Rogers & Cowan and Straight Arrow Publishing. His clients have included many of the best known alternative, rock and pop artists of the past three decades including Prince, George Michael, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie’s Tin Machine, The Beach Boys, Moody Blues, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Bush, Erasure, Morrissey, The B-52’s, Paul Westerberg, John Cale, Donny Osmond, Debbie Gibson, The Three Tenors and Johnny Rotten among many others. The firm’s corporate clients have included Spin Magazine, Sony Music, Mute Records, RayGun magazine, Parachute Press and many others.
He owned and operated The Spoken Word, a retail spoken word audio store in New York City’s Tribeca neighborhood, with his business partner Gennaro Coppola from 1995 - 98. The shop carried hard-to-find recordings of poets reading their own work, interviews, historical speeches, stage plays and old time radio broadcasts.
Pagnotta presently manages and advises artists and projects in the music industry including synth-pop legends Erasure, Yaz, Book Of Love, virtuoso violinist and vocalist Lili Haydn, breakout Boston preteen pop act Girl Authority.
He is married to author/filmmaker Tonya Hurley. They have one daughter, Isabelle Rose.
- Billboard: 66. 14 July 2007.
- Golden, Daniel (2009). The Price of Admission: How America's Ruling Class Buys Its Way Into Elite Colleges--and Who Gets Left Outside the Gates. Random House. pp. 352. ISBN 978-0-307-49737-6. "Michael Pagnotta, a publicist for the Olsen twins, said they did “quite well” academically in prep school..."