- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 14 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mikael_Erlandsson. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mikael_Erlandsson, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mikael_Erlandsson.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (January 2009)
BLP sources Advertising?
Mikael Erlandsson (born 1963) is a singer, songwriter and keyboardist born in Gothenburg, Sweden. He recorded six solo-albums which have also been released in Japan. He is also known in Europe since his participation in 2003 Melodifestivalen edition. In 2016 he released his solo-album Universe exclusively on Spotify. In 2018/19 he recorded a new solo-album that was released both in Europe and Japan.
Since 2003 he has been fronting Swedish/German band Last Autumn's Dream and he has been chosen for various AOR projects like Tommy Denander's "Radioactive", "Northern Light" and "Heartbreak Radio". Lead singer of Secret Service on stage instead of Ola Håkansson from 2006 to 2018.
Married to Tea Erlandsson since 2016.
- 1 Musician career
- 2 Discography
- 3 References
1978–93: Early bands
Erlandsson started as a drummer in a punk-rock band "Infektion" They released a single with two tracks "Dimman" and "Hash" in 1978. He also was a member of the hard rock band "Rain" with Bengt Lundh and Mikael Carlsson. He later joined the band "Studs" as a keyboard player. The single called Frågor Och Svar became a local hit in 1982. After a few years he developed his song writing and started the new band N'gang in 1985 as their lead singer.
"N'gang" was 5th in Melodifestivalen 1990 with the song Vi vill ha värme.
In 1993, he was part of a band called "Crash" and with them released their self-titled debut album and a national tour.
1994–2001: Solo and guest vocalist recordings
In 1994, he released his first solo album called The One and in 1995 released his second solo album called Under The Sun.
In 1997, he released his 3rd solo album called Unfamiliar meanwhile continued writing songs for Swedish artists.
In 1999, Erlandsson made backing vocals for Sayit, a guitarist who released his self-titled first solo.
In 2001 he was a guest to make backing vocals on Standing On The Outside, a track from Tommy Denander and Ricky Delin's new project Prisoner.
2002–2007: Between Last Autumn's Dream and guest vocalist
His 4th solo album was released in 2003 and was called The Gift, also he was lead singer of 4 tracks from Tommy Denander's Radioactive - Yeah!. Songs were: Yeah, I Should Have Known Better, Fire Within and Make It Mine.
Erlandsson was on the semifinals for Melodifestivalen 2003 with the song Tills jag mötte dig (Until I met you). Also was in the Polish national selection for the country's entry to the Eurovision Song Contest 2007 with the song Love In The Air.
In 2004 he sang 3 tracks on Heartbreak Radio, the debut release of a band formed by the production team Torbjörn Wassenius and Claes Andreasson, who in the past have been known for their work with Last Autumn's Dream and the solo work of Erlandsson. Musicians such as Mikkey Dee (Motörhead) on drums and Magnus Rosén (HammerFall) on bass guitar, Tommy Denander and Sayit on guitars and Pierre Weinsberg on vocals were guests in the recording.
In 2005, Erlandsson sang on 2 tracks on Tommy Denander's Radioactive - Taken This I Promise You and Carry On - and also with the band Last Autumn's Dream released their second album "II". Also in 2005, he sang The Story Lives On from Northern Light debut album with artist like Fergie Frederiksen (Toto). In 2006, with the band Last Autumn's Dream released their following-up albums Winter in Paradise and Saturn Skyline in 2007.
Also in 2006, he wrote two of the songs on the album called Varje steg du tar released by the Swedish band "Surround". This one did very well in Japan and had great reviews in Burrn!magazine. On June 6, 2007, the band Last Autumn's Dream released their first greatest hits album, Impressions: The Very Best of LAD, an exclusive release for the Japanese market. On September 30, 2007, his main band, Last Autumn's Dream were chosen to be part of the "United Forces Of Rock III Festival", with Joe Lynn Turner, Stan Bush, Danger Danger, White Wolf, Soul Doctor and Human Zoo, at the Rockfabrik in Ludwigsburg (near Stuttgart) in Germany.
2008–2009: Salute - A new Beginning
Again with Last Autumn's Dream, Erlandsson released their fifth studio album, Hunting Shadows in Japan on February 22, 2008 as well as the live album Live in Germany 2007.
In 2009, Erlandsson wrote the song "Dynamite", which finished third in the Latvian selection for the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest entry.
Erlandsson formed a new band called Salute with Martin Kronlund (guitar), Imre Daun (drums) and Henrik Thomsen (bass). They recorded their first album titled Toy Soldier which would be released by Escape Music. In the middle of 2009 he once again started to work with Mikael Carlsson ( from "Rain" back in 1982 ) with his project "Lover Under Cover".
They recorded a new release called A Touch Of Heaven (2009–2010) and on January 21, 2011 they edited their latest recording called Yes. Both recording are dedicated to Marcel Jacob.
With the band Salute, Erlandsson was involved in the recording of their second effort called Heart of the Machine (2010).
with Last Autumn's Dream
- 2002 - s/t
- 2005 - II
- 2006 - Winter In Paradise
- 2007 - Saturn Skyline
- 2007 - Impressions: The Very Best Of LAD (Japanese market)
- 2007 - Hunting Shadows
- 2008 - Live In Germany 2007
- 2008 - Impressions: The Very Best Of LAD (German market)
- 2009 - Dreamcatcher
- 2010 - A Touch Of Heaven
- 2011 - Yes
- 2011 - Nine Lives
- 2012 - Ten Tangerine Tales
- 2014 - Level Eleven
- 2016 - Paintings
- 2017 - In Disguise
- 2018 - Fourteen
- 2019 - Secret Treasures
as solo artist
- 1994 - The One
- 1995 - Under The Sun
- 1997 - Unfamiliar
- 1999 - The Best of
- 1999 - Tears Of Heart
- 2003 - The Gift
- 2003 - Tills jag mötte dig (Until I met you) (Single)
- 2008 - Put some love in the world (Single)
- 2019 - Capricorn six
with Mikael Erlandsson & The Universe
- 2016 - The Universe
- Hardcore Circus - Wake Up Call 2010
- 1993 - Self-titled album
with Lover Under Cover
- 2010 - Who Needs Love (Single)
- 2010 - Flash in The Night (Single)
- 2011 - Set the Night on Fire (Single)
- 2012 - Set the Night on Fire (LP)
- 2014 - Into The Night (LP)
- 2009 - Toy Soldier
- 2010 - Heart Of The Machine
- 1999 - Sayit - Sayit
- 2001 - Sahara - Sahara
- 2001 - Prisoner - II
- 2003 - Tommy Denander's Radioactive - Yeah!
- 2005 - Heartbreak Radio - Heartbreak Radio
- 2005 - Tommy Denander's Radioactive - Taken
- 2005 - Northern Light - Northern Light
- 2006 - Surround - Varje steg du tar
- 2010 - Shining Line - Shining Line
- 2010 - Tom Galley's Phenomena - Blind Faith
Various Artist compilations
- 1995 - The Best Disco Music Vol. 6
- 1995 - New Beat Vol. 11
- 2003 - Melodifestivalen 2003
- 2004 - Voices Of Rock
- 2009 - Fireworks #35