- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 6 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mike_Diver. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mike_Diver, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mike_Diver.
Mike Diver is a British journalist.Template:Dead link He started his career at music website Drowned In Sound, where he became editor, before moving on in 2008 to become editor of Clash magazine's website. He has contributed to several magazines including NME, Kerrang! and ''Rock Sound, and additionally, under his own name and the name "Milton Savage," has been covering video games since 2012 for Kotaku, Vice, The Guardian and Edge.
Diver was album reviews editor for BBC Music from 2009 until it was shut down in 2013. While working at Drowned in Sound in 2008, he was selected by BBC News as one of 150 "influential and impartial UK-based music critics" to contribute that year's annual BBC Sound Of... poll. He also contributed to the poll in 2010 and 2011.
Diver has his own blog, From Sinking. He has appeared as a pundit on the BBC Radio 1 Review Show, BBC 6 Music, Xfm, BBC Radio 5 Live, BFBS and Amazing Radio, and has presented live shows for Diesel U Music and Green Man Radio. Under the name Milton Savage[no citations needed here], he has written a number of 'Savage Pixels' videogame columns for Drowned In Sound. In 2013, he began writing videogames-related content for Vice, and returned to Clash as online editor. In 2014 he began writing videogame articles for Edge. His video game coverage has also been featured on Kotaku and The Guardian, covering a mix of new titles and classic games and platforms.
Diver is currently UK Editor of VICE Gaming. 
- Ritchie, Meabh (18 July 2008). "Are rock festivals music to your ears?". Press Gazette. Archived from the original on August 4, 2008. https://web.archive.org/web/20080804145809/http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=7&storycode=41716. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "Two Experienced Music Editors Join ClashMusic.com Team". PR Newswire. 24 September 2008. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-185489697.html. Retrieved 23 January 2010. Note: Subscription required.
- "Mike Diver - Contributors". Rock Sound. Archived from the original on 2011-11-08. http://www.rocksound.tv/writers/article/mike-diver. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "Mike Diver profile". UBC Media Group. Archived from the original on 2011-08-18. http://www.ubcmedia.com/uniqueproductions/people/mike-diver/. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "BBC Music Blog: Mike Diver". BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcmusic/2009/09/best_albums_of_august_2009.html. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "BBC Sound of 2008: The pundits". BBC. 31 December 2007. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7151422.stm. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "BBC Sound of 2010: The tastemakers". BBC News. 7 December 2009. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8386514.stm.
- "BBC Sound of 2011". Sound of.... BBC. Archived from the original on 2011-01-21. http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/soundof/2011/pundits/atoz/. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "From Sinking | Mike Diver lives here. Not literally. This is the Internet, not a house". Fromsinking.wordpress.com. http://fromsinking.wordpress.com/. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "BBC Radio 1 - Radio 1's Review Show, Dan from We Are The Ocean, Mike Diver and DJ Target". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-07-19. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012kmv5. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "MiltonSavage / Users // Drowned In Sound". Drownedinsound.com. http://drownedinsound.com/users/MiltonSavage/articles. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Video Games Killed the Radio Star | VICE | United Kingdom". VICE. http://www.vice.com/en_uk/columns/video-games-killed-the-radio-star. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Edge Magazine | GamesRadar". Edge-online.com. Archived from the original on February 4, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150204025431/http://www.edge-online.com/search/mike+diver/. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Mike Diver | Kotaku UK". Kotaku.co.uk. 2015-08-07. http://www.kotaku.co.uk/author/mdiver/. Retrieved 2015-09-26.