Muhammad Ayub (mathematician)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 19 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Muhammad_Ayub_(mathematician). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Muhammad_Ayub_(mathematician), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Muhammad_Ayub_(mathematician).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Template:More footnotes oooh, orphan
Muhammad Ayub (Urdu: ڈاکٹر محمد ایوب; born 2 October 1959) is a Pakistani mathematician and academician who is serving at Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, as Professor of Mathematics since 1994.
Early life and education
Prof. Ayub born and raised in Hadali (a small town in Khushab District). He got his basic education in Hadali till 1974. In 1974, his parents shifted to Bhalwal (a city in Sargodha District). He completed his Matriculation from Govt. High School, Bhalwal. After doing B.Sc, he got admission in Quaid-i-Azam University for his M.Sc and M.Phil in Mathematics which he completed in 1982 and 1985, respectively.
In 1985, he was selected as Lecturer in Mathematics and joined Govt. College Isakhel, Mainwali, as his first appointment. After spending sixteen months in Isakhel, he was transferred to Govt. College, Naushera, District Khushab. In 1988, he got leave from Punjab Education Department and got admission in Ph.D. at Quaid-i-Azam University.
The research work that he completed in M.Phil. was published in 1987 and on the recommendation of his supervisor, Prof. Dr. Saleem Asghar, he moved to Islamabad and continued research work for his Ph.D degree. He completed his Ph.D in 1992 and in 1994 he joined Quaid-i-Azam University as a faculty member, as Assistant professor of Mathematics.
In 1998, he got a chance to serve at Bright Star University, Brega, Libya. In 2001, he was awarded Post doc fellowship by the Ministry of Science and Technology (Pakistan) for which he moved to University of Illinois at Chicago, United States, in 2002 and successfully completed his post doc.
Awards and honours
Among the awards, he has won ‘’Razi-ud-din gold medal from Pakistan Academy of Sciences, meant for Young Mathematician, in 1998. Pakistan Academy of Science gold medal was awarded in 2004 and "Best Teacher Award" from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan in 2004. Also, he is getting research award every year from Pakistan Council for Science and Technology. Since his joining as faculty member, he has been helping M.Phil and Ph.D students for their research projects. He has supervised more than sixty M.Phil and fifteen Ph.D students to date. He has also published about 90 research papers in international journals.
- "Muhammad Ayub | Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan - Academia.edu". 1970-01-01. https://qau.academia.edu/MAyub. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "Department of Mathematics : Quaid i Azam University". http://math.qau.edu.pk/faculty.php. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "QAU Faculty | Mathematics | Dr. Muhammad Ayub". https://www.qau.edu.pk/profile.php?id=814001. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "Muhammad Ayub". http://profayub.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "Learnig Studio". YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4S_htwvMnoBTTJPkTqeDTA. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "complex analysis by Dr M Ayub-1/15". YouTube. 2010-09-06. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_zfyg4HY8c. Retrieved 2017-07-19.